Fireside chat with myp

Oct 2012
NC
your name is up...thaks for playing.

What is your association with the site? are you it's creator / founding father?

How did it come about?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
MYP is the stability we all enjoy here, the reason I decided to get involved...and probably one of the most informed members we have.

Other than that....I have no clue.

Jan 2009
your name is up...thaks for playing.

What is your association with the site? are you it's creator / founding father?

How did it come about?
I was one of two founders (the other one being omej who doesn't get on much). We started the site a few days before the inauguration of Obama in 2009 if I remember correctly. We no longer own the site after we decided to sell it last year after not having enough time to give it the time it deserves. Chip, the new and current owner, asked me to stay on as an admin and although my free time for the site has dropped off as I had anticipated, I do still try to get on when I can.

Jan 2009
ok rare opportunity to question the myestery man!

please describe your ideal sandwich?
Hmm... that's a tough one, but probably turkey or chicken salad with lettuce and tomato on a sub roll. Mayo, sweet peppers, probably other toppings I am forgetting too if it is turkey.

Jan 2009
what is your favorite movie?

what is your favorite book?

where do you lean politically?
Movie- too many to have one favorite, but amongst my favorites are The Dark Knight, Forrest Gump, Fight Club, Inception, Social Network, Too Big to Fail, and pretty much half of the movies Tarantino has made.

Book- again, same issue as above, but fiction is probably The Great Gatsby. I generally prefer reading non-fiction though and there are way too many great books with great ideas to just pick one.

Politically I don't fit neatly into any of the predominant molds of today. On some issues you may consider me right, on others left, I am not a fan of ideologies and don't identify with either party or side (registered independent). Science is my preferred methodology for discerning the truth though and that applies to policy, so facts and data are what sway my opinions. On "morality" types of issues you may call me a social liberal or libertarian. If you want to know specific policy positions feel free to ask.

Jan 2009
what do you love and/or hate about India?
Only been there twice in my life and only once that I was old enough to remember. I liked it- very different where my parents are from, got me to appreciate what I have a lot more. I also learned that I like exploring different cultures and enjoyed my time there. The history is also very deep and interesting.

So on a personal level only positive things to say.

Things that I dislike about India just from what I know is the corruption and how in the end it screws over the most needy people the most. But I am optimistic looking towards the future (and even considering the progress made there in my lifetime)- things are getting better.