fireside chats

Oct 2012
NC
i just had an idea. :nerd:

what if we were to have a "fireside chat" wherein one member is highlighted and the whole forum gets to chat, question and generally get to know this person?

it doesn't have to be soley for newbies and could be for old-timers as well.

once conversation has ceased (2 or 3 days without anymore questions) then the person that goes chooses the next person to go.

well what are your thoughts?

Aug 2012
North Texas
I don't care to reveal that much about my personal life. Just the issues. :p

That doesn't mean others won't like it.

If the desire is to increase membership, we can try a few games. It tends to draw some people to post daily then stay long enough to respond to other posts. Interested?

Aug 2012
North Texas
Arcturus, please don't think I'm dissing your idea. I'm just playing devil's advocate. My humble recommendation would be to start a simpler thread such as "What is the meaning behind your user name" or "what would you do if you won a $10 Million lottery?" Both help to reveal the personality behind the keyboard without asking them questions they may not want to answer.

Oct 2012
NC
the chosen individual can refuse to participate or refuse questions they don't want to answer. its less about increasing membership and more about getting to know the individual.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Arcturus, please don't think I'm dissing your idea. I'm just playing devil's advocate. My humble recommendation would be to start a simpler thread such as "What is the meaning behind your user name" or "what would you do if you won a $10 Million lottery?" Both help to reveal the personality behind the keyboard without asking them questions they may not want to answer.
Those can be separate threads from the Fireside Chats. :smug: