Florida still in play!

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Recounts underway (legally mandated and said law implemented under Repub leadership before anyone says anything) for for Ag. Commissioner, Senate and Governor.

Ag. Commissioner results already overturned. 575 vote lead for the Dem with the new numbers.

Senate is within 0.02% (triggering a hand recount) of flipping with post election gains favoring Nelson. Over 30k votes are outstanding as mail-in ballots are still uncounted and some polling stations in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties are still not reporting in.

Governor is within 0.025% (triggering a recount) of flipping with the above ballots still needing to be counted.

1 State Senate and 2 State House races are close to triggering recounts as well.

Florida may be going Blue after all.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
The Democrats:
The party of the participation trophy and perpetual sore losers.
Who might be winners. Keep in mind, the results of the election aren't actually being changed, the votes are just being doubled checked for accuracy. If the Dems come out on top they we're always the winners, it just didn't look like it when the original (incomplete) count was announced on Tuesday.

Odds are Nelson was relelected and Gillum lost but by a razor thin margin. As for the State House and Senate races, I haven't seen the latest numbers so I can't say.

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
Who might be winners. Keep in mind, the results of the election aren't actually being changed, the votes are just being doubled checked for accuracy. If the Dems come out on top they we're always the winners, it just didn't look like it when the original (incomplete) count was announced on Tuesday.

Odds are Nelson was relelected and Gillum lost but by a razor thin margin. As for the State House and Senate races, I haven't seen the latest numbers so I can't say.
Gillum % even lower than original.

Who's to say 1st count wasn't the most accurate, and 2nd was in error?

An EXPENSIVE hand count is next. :rolleyes:

Oct 2012
NC
I tend to believe Scott...

“I will not sit idly by while unethical liberals try to steal this election,” Scott said.
the left have shown that they will do anything to win, manufacturing some after hours votes is definitely not below this nasty bunch.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
I tend to believe Scott...

the left have shown that they will do anything to win, manufacturing some after hours votes is definitely not below this nasty bunch.
Counting ALL the votes before swearing in a politician (with months to go before the start of term, so no hold up) is unethical? Only because your man might lose. If this was going the other way or if the recount was increasing his victory margin, you'd be singing a very different toon.

Jun 2013
Earth
Counting ALL the votes before swearing in a politician (with months to go before the start of term, so no hold up) is unethical? Only because your man might lose. If this was going the other way or if the recount was increasing his victory margin, you'd be singing a very different toon.
Well said. Look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
He should be "your man" too, unless you are some kind of WELFARE leech! :eek:

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
YIKES!!! :mad::mad::mad:

This is something you expect in a BANANA REPUBLIC!!!

Broward County Is An Embarrassment, And The Potential For A Stolen Florida Election Is Real

Last night CBS News’ John Dickerson tweeted “The Florida voting system is the Florida Man of voting systems.” But at least Florida Man combines stupid fun entertainment with incompetence and hubris, as opposed to depressing levels of corruption and idiocy.
Comes now Dr. Brenda C. Snipes, the key election official in Broward County, Florida has presided for the past 72 hours over a level of bureaucratic incompetence – in the best spin of the situation – or utter corruption in the worst when it comes to counting the ballots from her county.

Last night Governor and would-be Senator Rick Scott announced he was filing a lawsuit against her – not one claiming anything about the ballots being counted, but simply demanding that she live up to the regulatory obligation to tell us how many ballots there are. Again, this is not a lawsuit about counting, just about knowing how many ballots you have left to count, which is required to be disclosed by law.
This demand to know the facts is being described by some Democrats as an attempt to prevent votes being counted. That’s how ridiculous the situation is.
Here’s the situation: Florida law 102.141 4(b) details the process by which ballots shall be counted, and it requires that within 30 minutes of polls closing, you publish an estimated count of the ballots in hand, regularly updated afterward. Every other county in Florida other than Broward has done this. Broward’s Dr. Snipes has not. Local journalists have shouted questions at her, and the local officials have demured or said she was too busy or said she was “taking a break”.
In my humble opinion, “she’s taking a break” is the greatest bureaucratic incompetenceexcuse I have ever heard. The point is that Florida election officials will apparently tell you what they are required to tell you at a time of their choosing, not before.

What is infuriating about Florida and Broward is that the county is required to tell us how many total ballots they have, and they refuse. There is no legitimate reason justification for that. None.
The media – both local and national – should be raising all sorts of hell about the absence of this easily tabulated information. Every day that we do not have a total tabulation of the ballots in this key county, with the most basic level of transparency, the more Republican voters will with all good reason begin to believe the election results are being manipulated.
When you have a sitting Senator from the state in Marco Rubio sounding the alarm over this, in a way that obviously is an embarrassment to the state, you understand something terrible is happening.
More here from Brian Burgess on the ground in Florida.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/09...sment-potential-stolen-florida-election-real/

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Gillum has officially rescinded his concession though the margin is such that unless the overwhelming majority of uncounted Broward ballots are for him the result (while significantly closer than originally believed) won't change.

The flip for Ag. Commissioner is expected to stand and there's a high likelihood that the Senate race will flip unless the Scott campaign can throw out uncounted Broward ballots.

Sep 2018
Atlanta area
The uncounted military ballot will certainly give Scott a much larger majority.

BTW: Gore could not get a mere 537 votes to flip, so no way 10s of 1,000s of them are not going to! :cool:

Oct 2012
NC

I agree with counting all the legal votes. There are some dems in this scenario however, that have made legal petition to count illegal votes as well.
The problem with the Dems (one of many actually) is they oversimplify problems to create a digestible sound bite for the masses.

their current infantile sound bite: "count every vote"

(of course its the illegal votes and overt cheating that concerns Republicans, not counting ever legal vote)

another infantile sound bite: "hands up don't shoot"

(of course that's rarely the issue with police shootings)

another: "believe women"

(of course believe everyone if the evidence backs it up but don't if it doesn't)

another: "black lives matter"

(sure all lives do, should one group matter more than
another?)

you are right though, I would sing a different tune if it were going the other way, as would you I think.

Last edited: