FREE Gas For The Poor?

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Often at night I wake up and do some major thinking before getting back to sleep. I frequently try to remember my thoughts in the morning for posting here, but I hardly ever remember a thing. :confused:

This morning was different; last night I got to thinking about the recent spike in gas prices, and how the poor are hurt by far the most, if not the only ones hurt.

Q: Should the poor get FREE gas too from the Feds?

My A: Nope! Often they will just sell their gas cards to buy cigarettes, beer, and even drugs no doubt. :( Plus, it is a matter of the STATES. The Federal government's ONLY responsibility (Constitutionally) is for national defense (and maybe printing money)

Any thoughts? :unsure:

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
You guys dole out free petrol?
No but they dole out massive amount of taxpayer money towards free food (food stamps), plain cash (welfare), free cell phones, etc.

The idea of free fuel would be along those lines too.

Aug 2, 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I can understand the food and cash not cellphones though.
I know of no country that hands out free fuel.
I'm assuming you have issues with giving food to those that are in difficulty?

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
I'm assuming you have issues with giving food to those that are in difficulty?
Nope! But surely they can afford a $5 garage sale cell phone for 911 emergency calls ONLY. The don't need taxpayer supplied brand new phones w/minutes!!! :mad:

Aug 6, 2013
North Carolina
In one aspect the phones are free.......but-there is always a but in there. The phones are paid for by a "fee" on the cell phone carriers not unlike the fees they (actually the customers) paid back in the day for universal service. That way if you lived 100s of miles out in the middle of Iowa or Montana you didn't have to pay for hundreds of telephone polls to be installed to get your land line. I believe that dirty leftist GW Bush started that program. As for the rest of the free stuff the total money spent each year pales in comparison to the Pentagon budget where they consistently loose track of tens of millions of dollars each year. It is a widely held perception that foreign aid and "free" stuff is running the budget deficit but the numbers tell a different story. And don't get me started on the "entitlements" thing as my head will explode.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
You should say gas to be more specific. Both gasoline and diesel are petrolium products, so either could be called "petrol" ;)
Gas is gas
Petrol is petrol
Diesel is diesel
I’s in the UK don’t forget.... anyway, since when did you get big on detail young fella mi lad?

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
'
The sensible thing would be to have a national Guaranteed Minimum Income for everyone.

The money saved on the rag-bag of stupid, piddling programs and their administrative costs would be enormous.

As a bonus, if the income were generous enough, it might make a dent in the fantastic sums wasted on the satanic Military-Industrial Complex.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
'
The sensible thing would be to have a national Guaranteed Minimum Income for everyone.

The money saved on the rag-bag of stupid, piddling programs and their administrative costs would be enormous.

As a bonus, if the income were generous enough, it might make a dent in the fantastic sums wasted on the satanic Military-Industrial Complex.
Great idea - leveling the playing field by making EVERYBODY poor. :rolleyes:

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
'

That or a NIT. We're 20 years away from 50% unemployment due to automation. If some sort of guaranteed non-labor income isn't implemented we're going to end up in a situation where there isn't anyone left to buy anything. The modern economic system will then collapse and we'll either have a bloody revolt that ends with rich heads on spikes or feudalism.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
That or a NIT. We're 20 years away from 50% unemployment due to automation. If some sort of guaranteed non-labor income isn't implemented we're going to end up in a situation where there isn't anyone left to buy anything. The modern economic system will then collapse and we'll either have a bloody revolt that ends with rich heads on spikes or feudalism.
Let's hope that it is rich heads on spikes.

We have already tried feudalism.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
LOL.