Gingrich calls for moon base and increased government prizes for innovation

myp

Jan 2009
Newt wants to build the first permanent base on the moon by the end of his second term (assuming he gets that far :p). He also wants to increase government prizes for private sector innovation, something that Obama has also supported.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/26/us-usa-campaign-gingrich-space-idUSTRE80P05K20120126

Thoughts? I am not sure I see the need for a moon base, but the innovation prizes might be a good idea depending on how they are done and especially if they can go along with patent reform.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Newt wants to build the first permanent base on the moon by the end of his second term (assuming he gets that far :p). He also wants to increase government prizes for private sector innovation, something that Obama has also supported.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/26/us-usa-campaign-gingrich-space-idUSTRE80P05K20120126

Thoughts? I am not sure I see the need for a moon base, but the innovation prizes might be a good idea depending on how they are done and especially if they can go along with patent reform.
H3 mines? Colonization? A stop off for deep space missions?

Apr 2010
Newt wants to build the first permanent base on the moon by the end of his second term ...
The guy is a moron. I am sorry, but I saw that promise and all his dumb little trained seals started clapping.

A few questions though, one really.

Just who exactly is going to pay for the research and development to get NASA ready to build a lunar base?

Last I check the national debt keeps going up at such a pace that the US will run out of money to even make the interest payments eventually. So where is all this money going to come from?

Secondary questions, why does the US need a lunar base? Someone should tell this fatso that the cold war is over, and that America has bigger fish to fry at the moment then chasing Gingrich's grandios bull shit sprouted specifically to try and get his fat adulterous ass elected as the GOP nominee.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
The guy is a moron. I am sorry, but I saw that promise and all his dumb little trained seals started clapping.

A few questions though, one really.

Just who exactly is going to pay for the research and development to get NASA ready to build a lunar base?

Last I check the national debt keeps going up at such a pace that the US will run out of money to even make the interest payments eventually. So where is all this money going to come from?

Secondary questions, why does the US need a lunar base? Someone should tell this fatso that the cold war is over, and that America has bigger fish to fry at the moment then chasing Gingrich's grandios bull shit sprouted specifically to try and get his fat adulterous ass elected as the GOP nominee.
It would almost be worth it if we could put him a a super size space suit and send him on ahead. Notice I said almost.;)

Apr 2010
It would almost be worth it if we could put him a a super size space suit and send him on ahead. Notice I said almost.;)
Yes, the entertainment value of that alone, may well indeed be worth it after all. The question is whether we should also send Mitt Romney into space with the fat man.

It seems as though the Republican Party nomination is going to be won by one of two, and that makes Obama the best choice for president. At least he is not a douche bag, and he seems relatively competent.

I think a large extent he is being blamed for problems that he had nothing to do with, and with Congress being so obstructionist, most of the blame for the United States economic problems rest exclusively with Republican party.

Hopefully most Americans are intelligent enough to understand that, and to punish them at the polls according.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
It seems as though the Republican Party nomination is going to be won by one of two, and that makes Obama the best choice for president. At least he is not a douche bag, and he seems relatively competent.
We disagree here. I don't think Obama is "competent" to be a small town mayor. He is an old style politician that assumes everyone agrees with him on everything. And if not just shove it down their damn throat and they will learn to like it. After all he is so smart. (He thinks.) I would vote for a ham sandwich before I voted for Obama.:mad:

Dec 2011
Earth
I would vote for a ham sandwich before I voted for Obama.:mad:
Depends on the kind of bread, cheese and quality of ham. :eek:

I almost voted for Obama in 08. In the end, I pulled the lever for Barr. I was, however, pulling for Obama from day one. While I have not been overly-impressed with him, I certainly do not consider him to be a failure or horribly bad. Just middle of the road for me. I give him a solid "C" for a grade thus far.

I still say there is time for him to turn things around and slide up to a "B." Either way, I would not vote for Romney or Gingrich over Obama. Paul, maybe. But certainly not Newt or Willard. And absolutely not Santorum.

If it comes down to Obama vs Romney or Gingrich, I will have to go with Obama or the Libertarian candidate.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Depends on the kind of bread, cheese and quality of ham. :eek:

I almost voted for Obama in 08. In the end, I pulled the lever for Barr. I was, however, pulling for Obama from day one. While I have not been overly-impressed with him, I certainly do not consider him to be a failure or horribly bad. Just middle of the road for me. I give him a solid "C" for a grade thus far.

I still say there is time for him to turn things around and slide up to a "B." Either way, I would not vote for Romney or Gingrich over Obama. Paul, maybe. But certainly not Newt or Willard. And absolutely not Santorum.

If it comes down to Obama vs Romney or Gingrich, I will have to go with Obama or the Libertarian candidate.
If that is the way you feel you need to vote for him. I don't like anything about him. Just let me say, it has nothing to do with race. I have been called racist by some when I have criticized Obama. That has nothing to do with it for me. I have loved America all my life, and he only wants to change it. He wants to change it into something I really don't care for. He wants to ignore me and forget people like me live in his world too. That is fine because he has never been and will never be a president as far as I am concerned. I took my flag and pole down the first year he was in. I even disconnected my flag light. I flew the flag day and night for years. But if I was putting it back today I would fly it upside down. I let it fly with Clinton and both Bushs. I hope someday to fly it again when there is someone sitting in that chair that I can at least not feel that they are working night and day to destroy most of what I love about this country. I would rather have anyone that has run on either side in the last 60 years than him. I guess that makes him a total failure to me.