Have you ever thought of running for public office?

Mar 15, 2009
Florida, USA
I've never wanted to have anything to do with politics, but I find it fascinating. This last presidential campaign was absolutely fascinating. I tend to say what I think, bluntly, and that isn't a good thing for a politician. I'm also slow to take a hint. I'm not stupid, but I haven't got a subtle bone in my body. I'm not devious, either. I'd survive about 30 seconds.

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
I've never wanted to have anything to do with politics, but I find it fascinating. This last presidential campaign was absolutely fascinating. I tend to say what I think, bluntly, and that isn't a good thing for a politician. I'm also slow to take a hint. I'm not stupid, but I haven't got a subtle bone in my body. I'm not devious, either. I'd survive about 30 seconds.
I doubt you would qualify with such honest, direct and forthright qualities. Successful politicians are the opposite in my estimation. Long lists of promises, and once they are office, they become much vaguer, less forthright than they have appeared to be during their election campaigns, some of them lie outright. Could be the political system that seems to bring that out of people.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
Really really really not.

Power corrupts, and i don't trust myself that far. Thing is, i don't trust anyone else with it, either.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
I love my family too much to put them through that. If I had no one I cared about I would probably be a better "dictator" than a politician.:rolleyes:

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
Really really really not.

Power corrupts, and i don't trust myself that far. Thing is, i don't trust anyone else with it, either.
Well said .... for me too ;) Probably all starts when the party approaches the candidate to stand for election, and then people having expectations off the candidate, that he can not always meet if he were to show integrity. Such as acceptance of financial contributions, or pleasing contributors.