He took the oath, twice

Well how many here think he is protecting the country and its people? There are more than one topic to choose from. Gitmo, the missile sheild, obamas love for Iran and other islamic countries, His love for Hugo and his nonsupport for the military.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Well how many here think he is protecting the country and its people? There are more than one topic to choose from. Gitmo, the missile sheild, obamas love for Iran and other islamic countries, His love for Hugo and his nonsupport for the military.
I think he thinks he is protecting the country. I do not agree with him.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
How terrible. He began the process of stopping state-endorsed torture. And stopped the ridiculous project that could have antagonised Nuclear Russia.

What's hilarious is that for the left, Obama is not secular enough and far too imperialist. And for the right, he's too secular and doesn't make enough enemies or fight enough wars. Instead of a compromise, he makes both sides pissed off.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
How terrible. He began the process of stopping state-endorsed torture. And stopped the ridiculous project that could have antagonised Nuclear Russia.

What's hilarious is that for the left, Obama is not secular enough and far too imperialist. And for the right, he's too secular and doesn't make enough enemies or fight enough wars. Instead of a compromise, he makes both sides pissed off.
I tell you he can't keep dancing forever!

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie

:p We wanted change so we voted for someone who brought it. Now the Left and Right can agree on something!

Mar 2009
Wrong! He has created the perception of stopping state-endorsed torture. Gitmo detainees are still in detention. The nuclear project has not been stopped .... yet! The talk about doing that is talk before the UN Security Council Disarmament Committee is meeting on 24 Sept, of which Obama is the Chair. He is softening up Russia.

Obama is a good salesman, a marketing whiz. He is good with creating images.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Wrong! He has created the perception of stopping state-endorsed torture. Gitmo detainees are still in detention. The nuclear project has not been stopped .... yet! The talk about doing that is talk before the UN Security Council Disarmament Committee is meeting on 24 Sept, of which Obama is the Chair. He is softening up Russia.

Obama is a good salesman, a marketing whiz. He is good with creating images.
As far as i'm aware, i was correct in saying "he began the process of shutting down Guantanamo Bay". However, he met with opposition and doesn't care enough about the debasement and torture of human beings to carry it any further.

Also, after announcing his intention to stop the defence shield project, the Russians immediately announced the end of their own defence shield (which the Western media hushed up). But granted, he hasn't literally stopped it. merely stated his apparent intentions.

Mar 2009
But granted, he hasn't literally stopped it. merely stated his apparent intentions.
Right and that is where the difference lies for me between a marketer for the purpose of ratings and being popular and a real leader. Bush was not much liked, but he took a risk for what he believed in. Obama so far as played nice most of the way. Verdict is still out of course, as he has only been around for 8 months now, but so far he has not shown leadership abilities to me .... yet.

Hes a wimp

Ya know People, we don't need a salesman, a talker or a whimp. We need a real person that will stand up to anyone in the world that has intentions of talking us down. WE don't need someone to apolgize for America. We need a president that will obey the oath he has taken. Just look at all the lies he has stacked up. Now its more troops he is backing out of. putting his talk shows and children speaches up front ahead of makeing a decision about Afganistan. The war he chose. Now our guys need help and what does he do? Turns his back on the oath he took.

Mar 2009
Ya know People, we don't need a salesman, a talker or a whimp. We need a real person that will stand up to anyone in the world that has intentions of talking us down. WE don't need someone to apolgize for America. We need a president that will obey the oath he has taken. Just look at all the lies he has stacked up. Now its more troops he is backing out of. putting his talk shows and children speaches up front ahead of makeing a decision about Afganistan. The war he chose. Now our guys need help and what does he do? Turns his back on the oath he took.
I don't see Obama as a liar. A liar by definition for me is one who deliberately falsifies the truth. With Obama for me he is lacking in integrity and deviating from his previously very clearly stated objectives because of wanting to keep peace and please people. Casper style. Perhaps it takes a Spooky to be a President with integrity, especially in challenging economic and military times as these.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Thing is, sometimes the best way to win a war is to talk the other side out of fighting. 'The pin is mightier then the sward.' and all that jazz. Obviously your a hawk and so have a hard time seeing this (and that's not an insult, I'm a moderate hawk myself).

That's what Obama is trying to do. We can't afford to keep fighting nor do many, if not most, of the American people.

Mar 2009
Thing is, sometimes the best way to win a war is to talk the other side out of fighting. 'The pin is mightier then the sward.' and all that jazz. Obviously your a hawk and so have a hard time seeing this (and that's not an insult, I'm a moderate hawk myself).

That's what Obama is trying to do. We can't afford to keep fighting nor do many, if not most, of the American people.
Right, I remember Chamberlain tried that too in 1939. Talk is cheap. It is action that counts the most. I like Right Guard's point of view. Although I must say I liked Obama's strong position vs North Korea, when North Korea was experimenting with its nuclear missiles. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Nuclear Disarmament Committee which he will be Chairing today. As a stand against North Korea, may be one against Russia too, unless Obama has done a special deal with them in exchange for backing on the Committee.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Right, I remember Chamberlain tried that too in 1939. Talk is cheap. It is action that counts the most. I like Right Guard's point of view. Although I must say I liked Obama's strong position vs North Korea, when North Korea was experimenting with its nuclear missiles. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Nuclear Disarmament Committee which he will be Chairing today. As a stand against North Korea, may be one against Russia too, unless Obama has done a special deal with them in exchange for backing on the Committee.
Killed the missile defense plan. Russians are vary happy now.