Hello American Christians.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
'
Before I go to bed at night, instead of counting sheep, I like to mull over ways to destroy the present constitutional system of the United States of America.

One favorite thought of mine, which actually might work under the American system of tippy-toeing around religion, is to found a new religion, based upon the worship of Food. The Christians get tax breaks on their bread and wine; why should not everything we eat be the Flesh and Blood of the Divine? Immediately, all your food expenses would be tax-deductible.

It should be possible to define your houses as places of worship where the holy rites of gastronomy are celebrated, and thereby gain additional tax advantages. Trips and foreign travel would be pilgrimages to spread the Good Word to the heathen, and so travel expenses would fall under the constitutional protection of freedom of worship. There are innumerable ways that the System can be milked by people who are sufficiently stubborn, bloody-minded and intelligent. The Oligarchs and the militaristic vampires do it ---- why not us?

If the custodians of tyranny in Washington DC tried to change the laws so that they would not apply to the Church of Comestibles, they would be faced by a formidable uprising from all the other religions, which would be afraid that this would lead to them losing their tax loopholes. My ideal is that unjust power should be placed in a trap where it can move neither forward nor back. That is such a heart-warming sight to behold! This should be our goal: to place the American monsters of misrule in so many traps and springes that their power collapses.
You don't think common sense is applied to this? Scientology only managed it becuase it's founder was meticulous in his planning and it STILL took an army of lawyers and decades of effort. Starting a recognized religion isn't hard provided you have a meaningful following (as per the 1st Amendment) but the moment you start milking the system as you suggest the government will take a serious and detailed look to determine whether or not you're a fraud (which in this case you would be) before giving you the sought after benefits.

You're cynical to the point of delusion.

Nov 2017
Cornwall UK
I have been amazed at the politicisation of religion in the US, at least as it appears on another internet forum. I am an atheist, apparently that makes me left wing, anti gun control, politically correct, pro abortion, anti christian, anti libertarian, jew loving,jew hating, Muslim, apologist, anti free speech etc etc. I thought it just meant I lacked a belief in god!
PS, I am sure if I declared I was a christian I would probably get accused of being an equally long list of things.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I have been amazed at the politicisation of religion in the US, at least as it appears on another internet forum. I am an atheist, apparently that makes me left wing, anti gun control, politically correct, pro abortion, anti christian, anti libertarian, jew loving,jew hating, Muslim, apologist, anti free speech etc etc.
Americans love this labelling kind of thing... I think it acts as a sort of emotional release valve?
I don't go to church apart from I like taking pictures of them.... fuk knows what that would make me!!

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
I have been amazed at the politicisation of religion in the US, at least as it appears on another internet forum. I am an atheist, apparently that makes me left wing, anti gun control, politically correct, pro abortion, anti christian, anti libertarian, jew loving,jew hating, Muslim, apologist, anti free speech etc etc. I thought it just meant I lacked a belief in god!
PS, I am sure if I declared I was a christian I would probably get accused of being an equally long list of things.
Try being a non-Abrahamic theist. I'm either accused of being an atheist anyway (hilarious since I'm a POLYtheist) becuase they can't comprehend the concept or else I get some truly original insults (from atheists and Abrahamics both) becuase their canned attacks don't apply.

This forum along with polytheistic communities (for obvious reasons) has been an island of religious tolerance on the internet for me.

Nov 2017
Cornwall UK
Try being a non-Abrahamic theist. I'm either accused of being an atheist anyway (hilarious since I'm a POLYtheist) becuase they can't comprehend the concept or else I get some truly original insults (from atheists and Abrahamics both) becuase their canned attacks don't apply.

This forum along with polytheistic communities (for obvious reasons) has been an island of religious tolerance on the internet for me.
I find polytheism fascinating, it appears much more likely to me than a single god. I do not think there is as much antagonism between the majority of religious or non religious people in the UK as there appears to be in the US.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
I find polytheism fascinating, it appears much more likely to me than a single god. I do not think there is as much antagonism between the majority of religious or non religious people in the UK as there appears to be in the US.
I used to think the ancients had it right ... a god for every activity... and their own ancesters as household deities.... I find that rather comforting strangley enough.

Oct 2012
NC
Try being a non-Abrahamic theist. I'm either accused of being an atheist anyway...becuase they can't comprehend the concept or else I get some truly original insults...

Sorry some people are not tolerant of your religion and resort to insults. That must be hard.

- The zombie worshipers have this country in their iron fist.

- But worshiping a 2,000 year old zombie that walks on water, flies and demands you eat his flesh and rink his blood is loving and intelligent?

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Sorry some people are not tolerant of your religion and resort to insults. That must be hard.
All in good fun. I don't say anything unless someone else brings it up 1st and I don't carry it on to other threads. Don't bring up your god in a nonreligious thread and I won't criticize him. ;)