Is This A Good Idea?

• No...it is assisted suicide.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...but morality prevents is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
It seems to me a solution is rather simple. These people obviously want their drug of choice to the point of committing crimes to get money for more, destroying their health and future, and causing much pain to everyone around them to do so. My suggestion would be to replace Narcam injections with the heroine they so desire eliminating the societal cancer instead of helping it grow by saving these people from an overdose so they can do it all over again.

Is this a Good Idea?

Oct 2012
NC
Create legal dens for the users.
Users can get it for free and use as much as they want until they expire.

population control accomplished.

Occasionally, use the media to highlight the depravity of the dens to the populace.
This would, hopefully end the romanticism of using.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Well, more specifically, the brain chemistry of an addict is different than a normal person. Same applies to alcoholics. This is why it tends to run in families.
That is primarily inaccurate.
"According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, “When people start taking drugs, they don’t plan to get addicted. They like how the drug makes them feel. They believe they can control how much and how often they take the drug. However, drugs change the brain. Drug users start to need the drug just to feel normal. That is addiction, and it can quickly take over a person’s life.”

10 Signs of Addiction - RM Healthy

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I've gone without my Rx opiates in the past, and didn't have even a mild "craving" for them. Just for short time (a couple weeks) used higher level (than recommended) of over-the-counter pain med (Aleve) for same (if not better) pain relief.
I was addicted to Crystal Meth for several years. In my band days I was a young punk who did many things I now see as destructive and regret. My personality is far from addictive, though women might say otherwise. In order to escape my addiction I moved to Yosemite in order to escape everything around me and remove temptation...Your little RX fix is nothing and any experience with it in no way comparative to drug addiction.
You speak of things you are unqualified to speak on.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Well a doctor was surprised that I did not crave it. Furthermore, many DO INDEED become addicted to prescription opiates, and it is an epidemic. You live under a rock??? :rolleyes:
Hold on here...is it addictive personalities or addictive drugs?

I doubt your doctor was warning you because he diagnosed you as an addict.

Oct 2012
NC
I was addicted to Crystal Meth for several years. In my band days I was a young punk who did many things I now see as destructive and regret. My personality is far from addictive, though women might say otherwise. In order to escape my addiction I moved to Yosemite in order to escape everything around me and remove temptation....
you have a pretty interesting history. Ever think about writing about it (other than here)?

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
You need to be aware that a large part of this terrible epidemic is the role of Big Pharma and the Medical Mafia in over-prescribing drugs --- for their ill-gotten profits, naturally.