Hezbolla loses election in lebanon

Jan 2009
Everyone including me thought they would win it, but it looks like the lebanese people wanted peace enough to stand up and let their voices be heard.

Mar 2009
Everyone including me thought they would win it, but it looks like the lebanese people wanted peace enough to stand up and let their voices be heard.
This is really very good news. BUT just the beginning, time will tell how lasting it will be. Hezbollah controls militia that is much stronger than the Lebanese Government army so the outcome of the election could be a very good test. Hopefully it will not provoke Hezbollah to start up again in southern Lebanon and the Lebanese Government will be strong enough to control them. Lebanon historically has never had a strong Government which could act decisively when under attack from Hezbollah. Hezbollah is also completely anti-US. Wonder what Iran will be doing as Iran of course is backing Hezbollah.

Mar 2009
I wonder how weakened they will be if this latest revolution in Iran succeeds?
Wow pingpong. This is not a revolution! Hopefully it will never come to that. More like protesting the election results, so far the Government is still firmly in place (as far as I can see it anyway).

Last edited:
Jan 2009
Wow pingpong. This is not a revolution! Hopefully it will never come to that. More like protesting the election results, so far the Government is still firmly in place (as far as I can see it anyway).
Well, if Mousavi succeeds then it essentially is revolution because it goes against the will of the ayatollah, who is the head of the nation by law as of now. So, I am actually in support of revolution. Remember, revolution doesn't necessarily have to be bloody, although it often is. Let's just hope they can bring about some change without anymore bloodshed.

Mar 2009
Well, if Mousavi succeeds then it essentially is revolution because it goes against the will of the ayatollah, who is the head of the nation by law as of now. So, I am actually in support of revolution. Remember, revolution doesn't necessarily have to be bloody, although it often is. Let's just hope they can bring about some change without anymore bloodshed.
Revolution in Lebanon is never a good thing, however it seems to attract it all the time. One thing that is for sure is that it has a very weak Government, and Government systems do not work, lots of corruption. Quite easy to overthrow it.