How important do you think you are?

Should Abrtion be Illegal?

• Yes...the unborn are the most important.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No...every adult owns their own body.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Only if it does not endanger the mother.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ......other.....

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Is your opinion so profoundly important that is needs to be adhered to by everyone else?
Do you hold such high regard for yourself that your word and thoughts should become Law?
Does the freedom a person has to their own body become invalid based upon your OPINION?

Or is it only women?

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
'
If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament! --- :p
My grandmother swore if she ever got pregnant again, she'd kill herself. Consequently, my mother was an only child. :confused:

Same grandmother got in an accident when she was young when grandpa was teaching her how to drive, and she never drove again. :redface:

Oct 7, 2012
NC
Is your opinion so profoundly important that is needs to be adhered to by everyone else?
Do you hold such high regard for yourself that your word and thoughts should become Law?
Does the freedom a person has to their own body become invalid based upon your OPINION?

Or is it only women?
Imagine a thread created by a southern plantation owner in the 19th century, aimed at northerners, regarding their opposition to slavery.

It might read something like this:

Plantation owner said:
Does the freedom a person has to farm their cotton the way they see fit become invalid based upon your OPINION?

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Imagine a thread created by a southern plantation owner in the 19th century, aimed at northerners, regarding their opposition to slavery.

It might read something like this:
This is the often used tactic by anti choice individuals to support their position, Obviously not deciding to realize that this is a completely different time, slavery is illegal, and human rights have advanced dramatically. I take it your answer is then that you believe your own opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else?

You certainly have a narcissistic streak.

Oct 7, 2012
NC
This is the often used tactic by anti choice individuals to support their position, Obviously not deciding to realize that this is a completely different time, slavery is illegal, and human rights have advanced dramatically. I take it your answer is then that you believe your own opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else?

You certainly have a narcissistic streak.

I gauged the difference in time, and you are correct in that human rights have advanced since the days of slavery.

However, I would say that in part these changes took place because some (abolitionists) believed their opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else.

I haven't even stated my opinion on abortion at this point. I'm only highlighting that your argument could very well be the same argument a plantation owner would use to defend slavery (almost word for word). In this way, it is a poor argument (no offense).

Last edited: