How many Justify the Gaza Killings

Jan 2009
We all have been watching the news about the Gaza Killings and we have also seen the after effects of a War seeing mainly children and woman hurt is so shame !!! How Many of you justify the Killings in Gaza ?

Jan 2009
I don't think that anyone is thrilled to see Palestinians suffering. The Israeli army isn't targeting them though. It's just an unfortunate side effect of an enemy that hides among the population. I will cynically note that I'm skeptical of the death toll. Hamas has grossly over-reported deaths among women and children in past conflicts. I will wait for the UN report before I pass judgment.

Jan 2009
There you go with the first person who is not against the war (the one above me that is). Death toll hasn't been hiked, there are many they haven't accounted for instead. So whatever numbers we have, it can safely be said that the dead and injured far exceed this number. War is fought between armies. Not between unmatched, unequal, sticks weilding and latest gadgets in weaponry owning countries. Besides, there is no justified reason for the offensive!

Jan 2009
killing in any way not justified,only in war a soldier shoul die but even in a war it is inhuman to kill a civilian and what is being happening in gaza is shameful as civilians are being targeted by the israeli forces.this matter can be resolved peacefully if both the countries want it to be but now a days every country wants to show its power and superiority over the other.

Jan 2009
Yes...there is a lot of reason to be suspicious of the civilian death tolls. There have been two incidents that I know of off the top of my head where Hamas had grossly exaggerated the death tolls (by about a factor of 10 if I remember correctly). The numbers were corrected by reports from the UN and Amnesty International. If you really want to make a big deal out of it, then I guess I could look it up. It had something to do with a woman lying about losing 9 sons in a raid.

The offensive was justified as a means to stop the attacks. It is tragic that a number of civilians did die, but civilians have died on both sides of the war. The death toll isn't unequal due to Hamas' good nature. If they had equivalent weapons, then Israeli bodies would be lining the streets.

I'll also note that I'm sure Israel would love to face Hamas on the open battlefield. It would be much easier than trying to find targets to bomb and counterattack. It is Hamas that chooses to hide amongst civilians and escalate the collateral damage.

Jan 2009
Manchester [UK]
The point is a death is a death in my opinion war isn't good and while there are innocent people dieing we can not justify any kind of war.

It's sad this needs to stop to be honest if I was angry and upset I'd probably flower things up to if I had one son killed then my hurt would want me to get back at the killers/soldiers/government so I would flower things up a little.

The point is people are dieing every life is still a life and counts as a loss.

I don't agree with war really especially this one when I just can't see there ever being a positive outcome at the end especially when there wasn't a need for war in the first place.