Hudson River Rescue

Jan 2009
Three and a Half Cheers for Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger the U.S. Air Pilot that skillfully brought that big plane in for an intact water landing. Many times a water landing results in the plane flipping over of cartwheeling. He deserves a Distinguished Flying Cross for that one.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIVjKoUewc

myp

Jan 2009
He certainly does. Not only did he stay calm and take care of his passengers, but he was able to quickly formulate a plan that would lead to the safest possible landing for both the passengers and what's below. He certainly deserves to be called a hero.

Jan 2013
Delaware
f0rumwebmaster said:
Three and a Half Cheers for Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger the U.S. Air Pilot that skillfully brought that big plane in for an intact water landing. Many times a water landing results in the plane flipping over of cartwheeling. He deserves a Distinguished Flying Cross for that one.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=8pIVjKoUewc
That was one hell of a landing, it was incredible that everybody evacuated so fast with no fatalities or even any serious injuries. The people on that flight were very lucky.

Jan 2009
No doubt that the pilot deserves a medal but what about the services like paramedics and the rescue team who were ready and on the site to rescue all? i really think that the bravery of those people should not be forgotten and hats off to all the rescuers.If that sort of thing happened in India i really doubt that Indian rescuers team would've been this quick to respond.

Jan 2009
Wow, I just realized this wasn't a planned landing lol.. The video would've been a bit better off with some sound, but I guess that's not the point of the thread. He actually did a pretty decent job landing that plane, but I don't see the problem? What exactly was wrong with the plane just before landing? (I think I'm ashamed of myself, being a Korean and not knowing about any of this lol..)

Jan 2009
I think that he did an awsome job and deserves some sort of an award. I heard today that he will be under investigation just because of the circumstances of the crash.

Jan 2009
I read about this and wow what an amazing man to have done this! He even went around the plane twice to make sure that everyone was off before he got off himself, that is a true hero!