Illegal Immigration

So as it has come to my attention, there has been a proposal in the state of Florida of an immigration law which has some rather alarming similarities to the unjust immigration law of Arizona, SB1070. The law is being proposed by Florida State Legislator William Snyder. Although it has a striking similarity to the certain provisions of SB1070, what I was most deeply disturbed by was the apparent fact that the law exempts immigrants of Canadian and mostly Western European national origin from being unreasonably questioned about their immigration status should they be stopped by law enforcement. Therefore, only Mexicans and a few other minorities are to be subjugated to having to confess their immigration status should they be asked by law enforcement. I find this to be a tragically unjust discrimination, one that cannot exist within this country. Now as I am opposed to this unjust law, I can already predict that I will face criticisms for opposing this law, as all those who oppose unjust laws will. I can already predict that I will be questioned as to how a law such as this could possibly be unjust. The most common argument that I have encountered when facing such criticism is that every country has a right to protect themselves. This I agree with completely, as it is often necessary for a country to protect it's citizens. However, I think that this is far more then just a right, but an obligation of the country to protect all people who reside within it's borders, regardless of their immigration status or any other such minor differences. Therefore, I cannot possibly comprehend as to how exactly this law along with Arizona's SB1070 is protecting the country. I cannot comprehend as to how such laws are protecting the country innocent people are thrown in jail just for simply lacking their immigration papers, just as the Jews in Hitler's Germany were sent to the concentration camps just for lacking their yellow star. Now another argument that I often come across is that this country is a nation of laws. To such people I feel as though I must ask that if we should claim ourselves to be a nation of laws, what exactly is the meaning and purpose of a law? The most basic and essential purpose of a law in my view is a rule of society that is created to protect all people equally and indiscriminately and keep them at peace with each other. This is why I often refer to laws such as Arizona's SB1070 and this proposed Florida immigration law as being "unjust" because it seems as though these laws are only meant to protect the largely non-Hispanic and non-Latino communities, yet have no regard for the severe ramifications that they are having on the Hispanic and Latino people of our country. If we are to claim ourselves to be a "nation of laws" than we must be a nation of just laws, not a nation of unjust laws that only protects a certain majority of people while leaving others completely vulnerable and unprotected to the evils of discrimination and prejudice. Most importantly, we must make this clear point to State Legislator William Snyder in his efforts of passing the unjust Florida immigration law, that we will not tolerate any unjust laws such as his proposed law that discriminates against Hispanics and Latinos. Below is a link at which you may contact State Legislator William Snyder:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...epresentative.aspx?MemberId=4376&SessionId=66

Thank you,

Robert Church of Voice for Justice

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Cool down. We are supposed to protect people that are "legal". If you want to see something "tough" just let me sneak my old butt into some other country! See how I am treated. If anyone's first act in a new country is to break their laws, how should that turn into a good thing?

As a side note, the ones encouraging them to be here illegally are not doing them any favors. By living outside the law they can't expect the "protection" of those living within the law. They can't report any abuse such as rape, theft, or someone refusing to pay them for work.

Feb 24, 2011
Canada
So as it has come to my attention, there has been a proposal in the state of Florida of an immigration law which has some rather alarming similarities to the unjust immigration law of Arizona, SB1070. The law is being proposed by Florida State Legislator William Snyder. Although it has a striking similarity to the certain provisions of SB1070, what I was most deeply disturbed by was the apparent fact that the law exempts immigrants of Canadian and mostly Western European national origin from being unreasonably questioned about their immigration status should they be stopped by law enforcement. Therefore, only Mexicans and a few other minorities are to be subjugated to having to confess their immigration status should they be asked by law enforcement. I find this to be a tragically unjust discrimination, one that cannot exist within this country. Now as I am opposed to this unjust law, I can already predict that I will face criticisms for opposing this law, as all those who oppose unjust laws will. I can already predict that I will be questioned as to how a law such as this could possibly be unjust. The most common argument that I have encountered when facing such criticism is that every country has a right to protect themselves. This I agree with completely, as it is often necessary for a country to protect it's citizens. However, I think that this is far more then just a right, but an obligation of the country to protect all people who reside within it's borders, regardless of their immigration status or any other such minor differences. Therefore, I cannot possibly comprehend as to how exactly this law along with Arizona's SB1070 is protecting the country. I cannot comprehend as to how such laws are protecting the country innocent people are thrown in jail just for simply lacking their immigration papers, just as the Jews in Hitler's Germany were sent to the concentration camps just for lacking their yellow star. Now another argument that I often come across is that this country is a nation of laws. To such people I feel as though I must ask that if we should claim ourselves to be a nation of laws, what exactly is the meaning and purpose of a law? The most basic and essential purpose of a law in my view is a rule of society that is created to protect all people equally and indiscriminately and keep them at peace with each other. This is why I often refer to laws such as Arizona's SB1070 and this proposed Florida immigration law as being "unjust" because it seems as though these laws are only meant to protect the largely non-Hispanic and non-Latino communities, yet have no regard for the severe ramifications that they are having on the Hispanic and Latino people of our country. If we are to claim ourselves to be a "nation of laws" than we must be a nation of just laws, not a nation of unjust laws that only protects a certain majority of people while leaving others completely vulnerable and unprotected to the evils of discrimination and prejudice. Most importantly, we must make this clear point to State Legislator William Snyder in his efforts of passing the unjust Florida immigration law, that we will not tolerate any unjust laws such as his proposed law that discriminates against Hispanics and Latinos. Below is a link at which you may contact State Legislator William Snyder:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Secti...epresentative.aspx?MemberId=4376&SessionId=66

Thank you,

Robert Church of Voice for Justice
Uh, you claim to be for all laws, yet you stand up for those 'ILLEGAL' immigrants who are in fact breaking the laws. Quite the little hypocrite, aren't you?