Introduction

Apr 2013
Maryland
Hi everyone my name is Harvey I am currently a police officer with the Department of the Navy and I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I believe very much in the Constitution of the United States as written by the founders of this once great nation. I am a person with a strong conviction that our country is in trouble and believe many in our country are intentionally misinformed and I believe this misinformation for many of us starts at an early age and is prevalent in our schools and institutions of higher education. I believe also that our nation currently is headed for dangerous times and not just because of enemies outside our country but there many inside our country who are about to exploit terrorism as a way to limit our constitutional rights and I believe this is happening as we speak in the name of fighting terrorism. I believe most Americans are good people and unfortunately ate being mislead by those intent on changing our country for the worst. I believe we all need to read our Constitution as written and understand many wish to interpret that which needs no interpretation; but needs to be followed and has worked so well for over two hundred years. I wish to leave by making you think hard about something you hear in the media all the time. Right wing extremism what is right wing extremism: To me this is a misnomer because if something is right of the United States Constitution that guarantees individual freedoms then right of true freedom is only chaos. Everything else that does not guarantee individual freedoms based on religion, race, creed, origin, or anything else is left of the Constitution an thus left-wing extremism. So when you hear the media refer to right-wing extremism remember is it chaos or do those they are talking about really only want to oppress another based on religion, race, creed, origin, or anything else they don't like and if so it is nothing more than left of the constitution and is left-wing extremism. Remember the Communist and the Nazis hated each other but they really are the same because they did nothing more than rob people of their individual freedoms in the name of a cause. This is pure left-wing extremism that oppresses.

Apr 2013
Maryland
I am not NCIS I am just a police Officer with the Department of the Navy under the Department of Defense. We are sworn Federal Police officers and we provide force protection services for the Department of the Navy and basic law enforcement service similar to a municipal police department of a small town or city. We normally are first responders to criminal acts that take place on Navy facilities and housing areas controlled by the Department of the Navy. Unfortunately we are having problems that we are facing that the average Joe doesn't really understand or hear the truth about. We are severely handicapped in doing our job and many people fight against us doing our job and this has led to things a lot of people just never hear about and probably may not even care about. An example of this unfortunately has led to civilian criminals being evicted from government housing after committing crimes and never receiving any punishment for those crimes many that are serious crimes. See congress mandated the Department of Defense create a civilian police force in 1948; but they never gave the civilian Department of Defense Police Statutory arrest authority instead the gave Commanding Officers of the Military installations the authority to give these officer arrest authority at their discretion the problem now is that Military Government Housing is now open to anyone that has a federal ID card whether they are Military or not and many places now are open to the public sector whether they are military members or not. This makes these criminals immune to prosecution from civilian authorities because these housing areas are not city or state police jurisdictions they are federal jurisdictions and Department of Defense civilian Police have not statutory authority to arrest like regular police officers so these people/criminals can only be evicted from the housing areas. When congress finally began to address this problem Americans fought it on the internet and in hearing stating posse commitatus. Which many believe applies to all military entities however if you look at the law as it is written posse commitatus only applies to the US Army and Air Force which has it's origins in the US Army the Black's Law Dictionary clearly defines posse commitatus. Another problem not having Statutory arrest authority if you are a victim of crime that happens in front of me I am not obligated to help you because my employer the Department of the Navy can fire me. So really those preventing me from arresting the afore mentioned criminals are also preventing me from helping them if I am present when they become a victim of a crime unless they are about to lose their life. If given Statutory arrest authority most will find out it can only be used to stop real crime and not allowing military members to declare marshal law. Most people are so misinformed when it comes to this they are clueless to know only the President could declare Marshal law and there too many people that believe the current one is above that.

Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
Welcome it's good to have another law enforcement officer on the board. Though I have only been doing it fur about nine months.