Is it OK to have sex with kids?

Oct 13, 2011
And if not why not?

Most people agree that actions which harm others are wrong, but many actions are illegal which do not harm anyone and are known as victimless crimes. How can society justify criminalizing having sex with kids if it doesn't hurt anyone?

Many assume that a child will be 'traumatized' by having sex with an adult, however this is not true. Firstly ages of consent vary across the world (from 13 in Spain to 18 in California) - proof that there is no consensus on what the minimally acceptable age at which a person can engage in sex is. Secondly much of the 'trauma' (guilt, shame, victimization) felt by 'victims' is in fact caused by society, such as in the case of Africa's 'Witch Children', many of whom genuinely believe they are 'witches' - not because they are but because they have been told they are.

Suppose a child has consensual safe-sex with an adult in a society where this is permitted (and therefore not immoral/taboo etc). In what way would the child be harmed?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
And if not why not?

Most people agree that actions which harm others are wrong, but many actions are illegal which do not harm anyone and are known as victimless crimes. How can society justify criminalizing having sex with kids if it doesn't hurt anyone?

Many assume that a child will be 'traumatized' by having sex with an adult, however this is not true. Firstly ages of consent vary across the world (from 13 in Spain to 18 in California) - proof that there is no consensus on what the minimally acceptable age at which a person can engage in sex is. Secondly much of the 'trauma' (guilt, shame, victimization) felt by 'victims' is in fact caused by society, such as in the case of Africa's 'Witch Children', many of whom genuinely believe they are 'witches' - not because they are but because they have been told they are.

Suppose a child has consensual safe-sex with an adult in a society where this is permitted (and therefore not immoral/taboo etc). In what way would the child be harmed?
You're fucking kidding, right?

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
And if not why not?

You must have been raised in a sick family to feel that way. To have sex with a child is the lowest of the low things a person can do. It also says you are too pathetic to find a consenting adult to have sex with. I hope you get caught trying it and are dealt with quickly and severely. Because that is one thing that can not be cured.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
And if not why not?

People like you should be publicly executed in the most inhumane way possible. I think this is something even Patrick ill agree with me on. :giggle:

Oct 14, 2011
I think that Banjofrog wants to discuss this subject in a philosophical way.
In ancient Greece, the adults had relationships with boys, and no one posed ethical problems.
I believe that having sex with children is wrong in every way

Turning to adolescents, there may be different points of view
For example,in my country, a boy of 21 years who has an affair with a girl of 16, is not considered a pervert
But a 16 year old girl is a minor,so what?

A 40 year old man who gives piano lessons to a 16-year-old, and then ends up having sex with her, definitely will be investigated by law.
So a 16-year-old girl,can make sexual intercourse or not?

I personally know girls at 17-18 years, had consensual relationships with men aged 30 and over,so what the law should do in these cases?

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
I think that Banjofrog wants to discuss this subject in a philosophical way.
In ancient Greece, the adults had relationships with boys, and no one posed ethical problems.
I believe that having sex with children is wrong in every way

Turning to adolescents, there may be different points of view
For example,in my country, a boy of 21 years who has an affair with a girl of 16, is not considered a pervert
But a 16 year old girl is a minor,so what?

A 40 year old man who gives piano lessons to a 16-year-old, and then ends up having sex with her, definitely will be investigated by law.
So a 16-year-old girl,can make sexual intercourse or not?

I personally know girls at 17-18 years, had consensual relationships with men aged 30 and over,so what the law should do in these cases?
I would suggest this for a start.

Oct 3, 2011
USA
In my opinion, it's not ok to have sex with kids. Safe sex or not wouldn't do any good for a kid. In a Christian world, sex should be done only by married couple. I don't know about the others but that's my views and I would respect their's too.;)

we were born to succeed, not to fail

Feb 2, 2012
I don't think people should have sex while they're too young. Kick me, but I think under 17 they should have other things on their minds. They are not mature enough to consume their 'relationships' (or let's call them flings, since the percentage of teens who are as mature as a true relationship is concerned is dismal). That age is for having fun, for learning, for thinking about their future. Or maybe I don't know what fun is :D

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
And if not why not?

Many assume that a child will be 'traumatized' by having sex with an adult, however this is not true. Firstly ages of consent vary across the world (from 13 in Spain to 18 in California) - proof that there is no consensus on what the minimally acceptable age at which a person can engage in sex is. Secondly much I of the 'trauma' (guilt, shame, victimization) felt by 'victims' is in fact caused by society, such as in the case of Africa's 'Witch Children', many of whom genuinely believe they are 'witches' - not because they are but because they have been told they are.

morality, and sociatal standards are based on belief you can't porve something is right or wrong that is a belief. For arguements sake let's question the moral implications of murdering someone. If a person is a drain to sociaty why can't we just kill them? They might not agree but it is provable that the world would be better off if you killed certain people. Furthermore if they don't want to die it is irrelavent, because if their death benifits the community and a community outweighs a person if you don't agree prove it.

The reason things are against the law because people have elected to have them against the law. If you question morality then you are imoral in the scocity you live in. Based on the populous of such sociaty. We by instinct force people to conform. If you don't want to find a different place in which to conform. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that is our spicies, and until we evolve we are stuck.

Laws exist to maintain peace

Feb 3, 2012
England
And if not why not?

No it's not ok. Children should have a childhood and sex isnt part of that.
You think it ok for a 10 year old to become a mother? If so why so?

Apr 18, 2010
And if not why not?
Definitely not! They are not physically developed enough to have sex. They are not mentally developed enough to have sex.

Dude, you just asking that question makes me very concerned that you are a pedophile or on your way to becoming one. Please see a psychiatrist right away before you hurt an innocent child and find yourself locked away for decades as you grow old in a cell for the rest of your life.

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Definitely not! They are not physically developed enough to have sex. They are not mentally developed enough to have sex.

Dude, you just asking that question makes me very concerned that you are a pedophile or on your way to becoming one. Please see a psychiatrist right away before you hurt an innocent child and find yourself locked away for decades as you grow old in a cell for the rest of your life.
He seems well on his way to being butt-buddies with a guy named Jackal in some prison doesn't he?:p Unless the parent of some child brings it all to a halt.:mad:

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Read 'The Trauma Myth' by Susan Clancy - most children enjoy doing sex, society makes them feel bad about it afterwards.
I hadn't heard about the book until now, but I just looked it up on Amazon and read the description and some reviews and I am pretty sure you are tremendously misunderstanding what the book says http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=046501688X

Clancy does not say children enjoy sex, but that they might be somewhat indifferent to it because they don't understand it. She says that due to societal viewpoints those children grow up to realize that what happened to them was not right and they feel bad about it. She in no way says (again I am just going by the reviews/description) that child abuse is okay or that children will be completely fine if it happens to them.

Jan 26, 2012
And if not why not?

have you read the book loltia it pretains to this

And if not why not?

you make a valid point and it should be legal with the consent of the child

and this pretty much depends on the reiligon of the persons involed

You must have been raised in a sick family to feel that way. To have sex with a child is the lowest of the low things a person can do. It also says you are too pathetic to find a consenting adult to have sex with. I hope you get caught trying it and are dealt with quickly and severely. Because that is one thing that can not be cured.
]
hey now that depends on your religon

of course there should be certian age of consent
what you do with your boby is your bussiness not the bussiness of the govermant unless it hurts another person

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
have you read the book loltia it pretains to this

]
hey now that depends on your religon

of course there should be certian age of consent
what you do with your boby is your bussiness not the bussiness of the govermant unless it hurts another person
Too me it has little to do with religion It has to do with child abuse. And I think anyone that has "sex" with a child needs to have their sickness removed with a dull knife. Because that is one sickness that has proven incurable too many times. Anyone that fails to understand that sex with a child is wrong is a danger to all children.:mad: