Its a fact that god does not exist

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Pretty much everyone does. It doesn't make anyone right or wrong.

That is your department.
Haha, nah, mine's just more open. ;)

And your signature betrays your utter foolishness.
For reference, because i'm intending on changing it in the next few days, it is "The People, United, Will Never Be Defeated". Personally, i like it. It's a great slogan. It's not entirely true - I could name a number of conflicts, in which the state has successfully repressed revolts. But a strong, organised, cohesive social movement can bring change. Which is what it tries to convey.

Jan 2009
Just a heads up that you guys might not get a response as Seer has been banned [for a while] due to not being able to respect others or follow the rules.

Apr 2010
Just a heads up that you guys might not get a response as Seer has been banned [for a while] due to not being able to respect others or follow the rules.

Really?? lol. Whatever he might have done seems kind of tame compared to what I'm used to. He's kind of obnoxious and full of himself but....oh well..:cry:

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
If this is because he called me an "utter fool", i really don't care. I've been called far worse things, and i found his insult quite pathetic - it only demeaned his point.

Well I believe that God does exist in all terms because I'm a Christian and that's my faith.
I used to believe that God exists because I was raised Jewish. What's your point?

Jan 2009
If this is because he called me an "utter fool", i really don't care. I've been called far worse things, and i found his insult quite pathetic - it only demeaned his point.
It was not limited to that and I won't point out specifics out of respect for him, but generally he just wasn't able to respect others. I don't mind someone having opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them. I encourage everyone to think and believe what they think is real, but there is no room to disrespect and demean others over and over again. That just tends to lead to flaming, fights, trolling, and that sort of thing.

there are no atheist in hell - my faith in god comes from observing nature - not the acts of mankind - as we suffer from the deadly sins - if you look at nature and how well it is designed and then look at the universe and see the harmony in it - one must conclude that it was by design - not by luck or happen chance.

why does the god that created this world ignore our stupidity and suffering - one can only guess - perhaps it is because we are a mer nano second in the grand scope of the universe.

here we are on the edge of the milky way on the edge of the universe - in a small solar system - it is like we are a little village in the most outward location. we are like waring aboriginal tribes - who are not deserving of gods interaction.

yet god has provided a place (earth) to do as we will - unfortunately we are screwing the place up - and there have been many en-lighted people who attempt to teach us the ways to enlightenment.

some say that if there was no god then man would invent one. I believe that there is a god and that there is ever lasting life and what you do in this life has consequences after this life.

go in peace and believe there is a higher power and that in the whole totality of it all we are here to learn how to live in peace and prosper.

Jun 2010
Cleveland Ohio
My faith in god came from my parents. Who forced my to get baptized by the time I was 2. Then first communion before I was in 5th grade and confirmed when I was 17.

Two fatal mistakes they made

1. They sent my to a Jesuit School for High School

2. I went to college which they insisted on where I got a degree in Psychology, I developed a deep interest in religion and how similar they REALLY are.

No one knows if there is a god or there isnt a god. The burden of proof is on the theists not the Athiest. You have to prove something exists not require me to prove it doesnt exist.

my religion was given to me by brainwashing and cult like indoctrination. When I got into College and met Muslims and was exposed to other people and other ideas I found out the religions of the world they are out to explain the unexplainable.

is it within our human ABILITY to understand what created us? Whatever that may be? I dont think it is possible for the CREATED to understand what created it. i dont think you can create something that is as intelligent as you are. (no procreation doesnt count)

Religion to me is man's attempt to create that which created them. There is something out there. I have no idea what it is... I havent seen one religion that gives me that Ah HA moment either. Reincarnation makes some sense to me but what created THAT?

kinda like the concept of time.. think back to the beginning..

then go back one more second..

nah.. "God" is the same not within our mental capacity to understand it. I do like some of the rules.. they are laughable. :)

May 2010
It was not limited to that and I won't point out specifics out of respect for him, but generally he just wasn't able to respect others. I don't mind someone having opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them. I encourage everyone to think and believe what they think is real, but there is no room to disrespect and demean others over and over again. That just tends to lead to flaming, fights, trolling, and that sort of thing.
This. Once someone has to invoke a demeaning and/or disrespectful tone or attitude towards others especially in the sense of implying people are stupid/ignorant is when they need to be punished appropriately. Debating an idea in an attempt to open someone else mind and possibly change their views is a huge portion of why we debate. We also debate to inform people of our own views and to help enlighten ourselves to others.

There is no proof for or against the existence of a God other than what we make for ourselves. We all create our own worlds and a spoon to one person may be something entirely different to another. Just because the majority has dictated it is a spoon doesn't make that an absolute. It just means the majority of people declare it to be a spoon.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
I believe in god for 100%, and doesn't matter what u'll say, i'm not going to change my mind about this topic ...
Why are you here?

I'm here because i'm open-minded and interested in others' viewpoints, though i think i come across quite militant.

Jun 2010
Cleveland Ohio
It is called Cognitive Dissonance. That is why he states that. Because he fears you might change the opinion of what they already "know". I like how people asking questions get labeled as "It is the devil trying to trick you." heh.. funny. BOO!

Learned about it early on in my College Degree in psychology. It is one of the reasons people get LOUD and offensive too. Cognitive Dissonance is painful for those who dont realize what it is. I have always been one of those "question authority" people and also others who know me well know how fast I can change my opinion based on new information.

This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time.
Dissonance increases with:

• The importance of the subject to us.
  • How strongly the dissonant thoughts conflict.
  • Our inability to rationalize and explain away the conflict.

Apr 2010
This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time.
Dissonance increases with:

• The importance of the subject to us.
  • How strongly the dissonant thoughts conflict.
  • Our inability to rationalize and explain away the conflict.
[/QUOTE]

Good post. I can relate to it.

Jun 2010
Long Island and Florida
It is not a fact that God does not exist. It is a fact that Seer Travis Truman does not believe in the existence of God. The fact that someone who lables himself a Seer does not believe in the existence of God holds no more water than the fact that Merlin believed in the existence of a magic sword.

Certain things are excepted as matters of faith. I believe God (the Judaeo/Christian God) exists and my belief in that existence has as much validity as Travis Truman's non-belief. Neither of us can prove our stance and accept it on faith.

It seems that as far as Political Fray is concerned, Seer Travis Truman does not exist. The fact that I can call out to him to post and he cannot respond does not mean there is no Seer Travis Truman. It merely means I can't find him. Since I have seen evidence of his existence I accept the fact that he exists even though I can not see him just as my seeing the evidence of God's handiwork leads me to believe that God also exists even though I can't see him.
Seer Travis Truman

Banned

Seer Travis Truman

Banned

Last edited:
May 2010
It is not a fact that God does not exist. It is a fact that Seer Travis Truman does not believe in the existence of God. The fact that someone who lables himself a Seer does not believe in the existence of God holds no more water than the fact that Merlin believed in the existence of a magic sword.

Certain things are excepted as matters of faith. I believe God (the Judaeo/Christian God) exists and my belief in that existence has as much validity as Travis Truman's non-belief. Neither of us can prove our stance and accept it on faith.

It seems that as far as Political Fray is concerned, Seer Travis Truman does not exist. The fact that I can call out to him to post and he cannot respond does not mean there is no Seer Travis Truman. It merely means I can't find him. Since I have seen evidence of his existence I accept the fact that he exists even though I can not see him just as my seeing the evidence of God's handiwork leads me to believe that God also exists even though I can't see him.
Seer Travis Truman

Banned

Seer Travis Truman

Banned

Haha very well said in my opinion. Was just a matter of time before he lost his posting rights.

Jun 2010
Just putting my 2 cents here.

My opinions are formed in a way that it is backed up by facts.

So far, I have not seen facts that god exists. At the same time, I have not seen facts that god does not exist. Therefore, I do not yet believe in god, but am not ruling out the possibility there is one.

I do believe that there is some kind of higher power than humans whether it be god, aliens, or whatever but it is not a belief I feel strong enough to argue.

May 2010
Just putting my 2 cents here.

My opinions are formed in a way that it is backed up by facts.

So far, I have not seen facts that god exists. At the same time, I have not seen facts that god does not exist. Therefore, I do not yet believe in god, but am not ruling out the possibility there is one.

I do believe that there is some kind of higher power than humans whether it be god, aliens, or whatever but it is not a belief I feel strong enough to argue.
Well said. This is the exact same position I take on this issue. If I am forced to believe in anything I am believing in Pastafarianism