Jews increasingly embracing Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2012
Greater Vancouver Area BC Canada
Hey David;
Interesting site you attached to your quote. I guess we all have alot to learn. I have believed in God/Jesus for many (at least 40) and am still learning of how amazing He is, from the old testament (the Torah) and the New...God is living and breathing and so badly desires relationship with us. Hopefully that 40 years I mentioned earlier means I am at the end of my wilderness journey and am about to enter into the promised land.
Blessings,
Debra

Nov 2012
USA
Followers of the religion of the Jesus Killers claiming Jesus to be one of their own? What about the alleged blasphemy, magic, and leading Israel astray?

Smells like a ploy...

May 2012
The motherland
The oldest copy of the New Testament in existence only dates back to the 4th century as the Dead Sea Scrolls do not contain a single copy of a New Testament book and the Roman Catholic Church may have changed the crucifixion story to incriminate the Jewish mobs who supposedly instigated Jesus' execution while the benign Roman ruler crucified him with great reluctance. There is no doubt that the Old Testament is entirely authentic but the New Testament may not be a very reliable source when it comes to figuring out how he actually died.

Last edited:
Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Followers of the religion of the Jesus Killers claiming Jesus to be one of their own? What about the alleged blasphemy, magic, and leading Israel astray?

Smells like a ploy...
Jesus was a Rabbi... Jews have always considered Jesus a Jew, the differences now is that they don't think he's a heretic.

Nov 2012
USA
The oldest copy of the New Testament in existence only dates back to the 4th century as the Dead Sea Scrolls do not contain a single copy of a New Testament book and the Roman Catholic Church may have changed the crucifixion story to incriminate the Jewish mobs who supposedly instigated Jesus' execution while the benign Roman ruler crucified him with great reluctance. There is no doubt that the Old Testament is entirely authentic but the New Testament may not be a very reliable source when it comes to figuring out how he actually died.
Can I have some of your bullsh!t to fertilize my garden next spring? You think the Church of Rome may have changed scripture to incriminate Jews? Did they also change the Talmud, which also incriminates Jews? When the early church manufactured the Apostles Creed, why did they mention Pontius Pilate, rather than Jews, in association with the crucifixion?

Do you know that nearly every verse of the New Testament is found or referred to long before the 4th century? What reason would Rome have to kill Jesus (other than your sorry sarcasm about Rome being benign)? Why wouldn't the Jews want to kill Jesus when Old Testament law called for him to be killed for what he was accused of?

Sorry for the spanking.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Most Jews I know are pretty nice. Their religion might make it look like they're full of hate. But, most Jews don't take Judaism very seriously.

Agreed, very few (actually none), of the Jewish folk I know follow the testament of the faith, just as few Christians do...and none of my muslin fellows.

Yet...there is a book they all pretend to follow. If they were true to this, they would not be my friends.

Jan 2009
I think religion is generally one of those things where everyone believes and follows what they want to follow and believe and they throw the rest out. It is just too hard to follow the books completely.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I think religion is generally one of those things where everyone believes and follows what they want to follow and believe and they throw the rest out. It is just too hard to follow the books completely.
and yet...they kill each other

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Agreed, very few (actually none), of the Jewish folk I know follow the testament of the faith, just as few Christians do...and none of my muslin fellows.

Yet...there is a book they all pretend to follow. If they were true to this, they would not be my friends.
All the observant Jews I've known can be described in 3 points:
  1. Conservative, both fiscally and socially.
  2. They think Israel (as it exists today) is an insult to their religion and preventing the prophesied return of Israel.
  3. They're quite friendly as long as you don't do anything non-Kosher in front of them or say anything anti-semitic.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
All the observant Jews I've known can be described in 3 points:
  1. Conservative, both fiscally and socially.
  2. They think Israel (as it exists today) is an insult to their religion and preventing the prophesied return of Israel.
  3. They're quite friendly as long as you don't do anything non-Kosher in front of them or say anything anti-semitic.
I am conservative on neither of those counts.

I love Israel.

I don't care if you eat a cheeseburger in front of me, just don't say anything anti-Semitic.

See? Quite a lot of variety between religious Jews. And don't expect me to go around saying what a great guy "Jesus" supposedly was.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
I am conservative on neither of those counts.

I love Israel.

I don't care if you eat a cheeseburger in front of me, just don't say anything anti-Semitic.

See? Quite a lot of variety between religious Jews. And don't expect me to go around saying what a great guy "Jesus" supposedly was.
I wasn't generalizing, I was describing the observant Jews I've known.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Orthodox Jews and real Christians don't love Israel because they consider it to be blasphemous to call a country Israel which is not serving the Messiah.
I don't know any Christians personally, so I certainly don't know what a "real Christian" is.

I do know a lot of orthodox Jews that love Israel, and are yet stauncher Zionists than I am. In fact, every single orthodox Jew that I know is far to the right of me and very pro-Israel. It has been the same in every community I've lived in Israel, Germany and England. To put it bluntly, you're wrong. The vast majority of orthodox Jews in the world support Israel. I speak from experience, and from a deep involvement in the Jewish community, both in Israel and in the Diaspora.

Status
Not open for further replies.