Karzai speaks out against Western interference in elections

Jan 2009
President Karzai of Afghanistan lashed out at the West today due to what he sees as excessive interference in the election process of the country. He claims that certain groups are committing election fraud and trying to bribe the government to get their way. He seems to think that the West wants the Afghani Parliament and himself to fail. The accusation comes a year after a UN watchdog group discounted a large number of fraudulent votes in last year's presidential election.

source: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6301R720100401

Mar 2009
I see it as posturizing on the part of Karzai, who is trying to get votes for his Government and wants to give the appearance of not being a paid puppet in the pocket of the West. What is that saying about the lady doth protest too much? ;)

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Karzi is scum. I'd put a bullet thru his eyes if we could actually find an Afghani that was pro-West and actually wanted to help Afghanistan.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
The West wants Afghanistan to be stable. It believes a hopelessly authoritarian Government is necessary to achieve this. That is why the West supports Karzai.

Mar 2009
The West wants Afghanistan to be stable. It believes a hopelessly authoritarian Government is necessary to achieve this. That is why the West supports Karzai.
I believe it is more a case of Karzai being paid to support the West, than the West supporting Karzai.;)