Keystone Pipeline fate in U.S. in limbo but construction moves forward in Canada

Dec 30, 2011
Earth
It is moving forward all right. Straight to the Asian markets. :(

I like Obama, and will most likely vote for him this upcoming election due to the lack of quality GOP candidates, but I firmly believe this is one of his top five mistakes as President.

His aspirations to please both the unions and environmentalists simultaneously by punting until after reelection shows me has some work to do regarding being a true leader.

HARDISTY, Calgary – On an unusually warm February morning -- at least by the rugged standards of rural northern Alberta-- a dozen construction workers were bundled up welding together the steel framework for the huge oil containers that will mark the starting point for the Keystone XL pipeline.​

But where the pipeline goes remains a question for Canadian and U.S. officials.​

Progress on building the three 350,000-barrel containment vats -- each of which covers the size of a city block -- may have slowed a bit after President Obama's decision last month to block a permit allowing for the pipeline to cross into the United States, but that hasn't stopped the work here.