Let's Be Friends

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
What do you guys think of the Turkey-Armenia peace deal?

Finally, they're embarking on a "normalisation" of relations.

Mar 2009
Hillary Clinton should probably get some kudos for brokering the peace agreement, as right at the last moment when it was supposed to be signed, there were still major differences between Turkey and Armenia. It is not a done deal yet however and can still fall apart, as representatives of Turkey and Armenia now have to go back to their Governments to get the agreement approved.

What was particularly significant for me is that on the fringes of all the brokering for peace, there were discussions about Iran. Hillary was working on her relationship with Russia for example, possibly in the hope to get sanctions going, if Iran should persevere with its unsupervised nuclear programme. Perhaps the peace agreement was a smoke screen for other even more important wheelings and dealings in Geneva with regard to the recent test firing of missiles by Iran, and Israel being quite upset about it.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Iran has been a strong crutch of Armenia. I wonder how they view the deal. As a chance for peace or a spit in the face?

Mar 2009
Iran has been a strong crutch of Armenia. I wonder how they view the deal. As a chance for peace or a spit in the face?
I did not realize that Iran has been a major supporter of Armenia. With Hillary Clinton and the US so very visibly behind the deal, perhaps Iran would be opposed as a matter of principle. Now I really wonder whether this deal is going to get the support of the Armenia government.