Looniest Of All 911 Conspiracy Theories

Jan 2018
Arkansas
I wonder if numan reads the tabloids at the grocery store checkout counters. He could come up with several new conspiracies per week.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
To hit the Pentagon with a Boeing would be extremely difficult -- some highly trained pilots think it would be impossible -- especially if the plane were remotely controlled. The whole scheme might fail disastrously if there were the slightest error. It would be far, far safer to use a missile, cruise missile, or some manoeuverable small plane, and then fake the evidence.
Then they're not highly trained pilots FFS...where did you get that from?
What is the definition of a "highly trained pilot" please tell me! In a lot of cases I would categorise "highly trained" pilots as coming under the IATA carriage of dangerous cargoes....

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
The eyewitnesses at the Pentagon hardly present a uniform, consistent picture of events. Some say they saw a Boeing; some say they heard a missile and smelled cordite; some say they saw a plane much smaller than a Boeing.
Eye witnesses to any dramatic event start to lose recall after a few minutes of its occurrence. The mind has difficulty proccessing events and information which the mind is not expecting to see - eyewitness testimony is always treated as highly suspect.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Eye witnesses to any dramatic event start to lose recall after a few minutes of its occurrence. The mind has difficulty proccessing events and information which the mind is not expecting to see - eyewitness testimony is always treated as highly suspect.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
It is certainly easier to keep a secret when fewer people know about it, but there have been massive projects that have been kept secret (or, at least, out of the media). An obvious example is the Manhattan Project that developed the atom bomb.

Despite this obvious example, many people still trumpet the nonsense that it is impossible to keep a major conspiracy secret. Yet the techniques are well worked out and have been used over and over again with great success.

First, you gain control of the media (it is essential to portray as kooks and lunatics those who question the Official Party Line). Then you use the many forms of "the carrot and the stick": bribes and perquisites on the one hand, threats and retribution on the other.

Many people cannot wrap their heads around the idea that one of the secrets of the totalitarian state is its tendency to make criminals of its most faithful agents. You maneuver them into small crimes at first, then you can, step-by-step, make them commit greater and greater crimes and have no fear that they will blab or rebel --- for they know that they can be thrown into prison instantly if they dared (see the German movie Mephisto for a good cinematic treatment of this process).

All governments are worm-eaten by this process, to a greater or lesser degree, and the United States is certainly no exception.

It is clear that the Bush administration did not plant phony weapons in Iraq because it was not necessary! They blatantly lied, and got away with it! Bush even joked about the non-existence of the "weapons of mass destruction" publicly in one of the gala dinners given to his media slaves!

As for the anthrax cover-up: why didn't they finger some external agent rather than a government scientist?

Well, our inefficient education and media systems have not been able to stamp out all rational thought--yet. There are still a few people who, occasionally, have bubbles of reason pop up in their heads. The following thought might occur to some people:

If you fingered some external agent, you have the difficult problem of making a plausible scenario about how he managed to steal such highly guarded and classified material, and how he managed the even more difficult problem of weaponizing it.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
'
It is certainly easier to keep a secret when fewer people know about it, but there have been massive projects that have been kept secret (or, at least, out of the media). An obvious example is the Manhattan Project that developed the atom bomb.

Despite this obvious example, many people still trumpet the nonsense that it is impossible to keep a major conspiracy secret. Yet the techniques are well worked out and have been used over and over again with great success.

First, you gain control of the media (it is essential to portray as kooks and lunatics those who question the Official Party Line). Then you use the many forms of "the carrot and the stick": bribes and perquisites on the one hand, threats and retribution on the other.

Many people cannot wrap their heads around the idea that one of the secrets of the totalitarian state is its tendency to make criminals of its most faithful agents. You maneuver them into small crimes at first, then you can, step-by-step, make them commit greater and greater crimes and have no fear that they will blab or rebel --- for they know that they can be thrown into prison instantly if they dared (see the German movie Mephisto for a good cinematic treatment of this process).

All governments are worm-eaten by this process, to a greater or lesser degree, and the United States is certainly no exception.

It is clear that the Bush administration did not plant phony weapons in Iraq because it was not necessary! They blatantly lied, and got away with it! Bush even joked about the non-existence of the "weapons of mass destruction" publicly in one of the gala dinners given to his media slaves!

As for the anthrax cover-up: why didn't they finger some external agent rather than a government scientist?

Well, our inefficient education and media systems have not been able to stamp out all rational thought--yet. There are still a few people who, occasionally, have bubbles of reason pop up in their heads. The following thought might occur to some people:

If you fingered some external agent, you have the difficult problem of making a plausible scenario about how he managed to steal such highly guarded and classified material, and how he managed the even more difficult problem of weaponizing it.
I live in reality. Neither you nor I have sufficient information or the time to make a judgement on what occurred on 911. The amount of manpower and resources required is much more than one man can muster. You can keep on living in conspiracy, but I prefer to rely on sources who I consider reliable.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
How about producing one document from a reputable professional organization which supports this opinion of yours?
There was an official report. There are literally thousands of professional organizations. Not a single one has disputed those findings. I am very confident that if they disagreed with that report, they would have spoke up.

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
There was an official report. There are literally thousands of professional organizations. Not a single one has disputed those findings. I am very confident that if they disagreed with that report, they would have spoke up.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
There are literally thousands of professional organizations. Not a single one has disputed those findings.
You are quite wrong --- I have already provided links to professional organizations which dispute the Official Wacko Conspiracy Theory.

However, you misread my reply --- I was wondering if there was any reliable evidence that you have any relations with reality at all.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
You are quite wrong --- I have already provided links to professional organizations which dispute the Official Wacko Conspiracy Theory.

By professional organization, I am referring to organizations recognized as being authorities by the majority of people in that profession. Many, if not most, of the people who participated in the examination of the aircraft and buildings belonged to those professional organizations. I can find no instance where they were able to convince those professional organization that the events were anything, but that portrayed in the official reports. Having belonged to some of these organizations, they tend to be very critical.

However, you misread my reply --- I was wondering if there was any reliable evidence that you have any relations with reality at all.
I have absolutely no problem if anyone and everyone disagree with one another on here. I cannot stress that enough. That said, please attack the position and not the person.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
2001 anthrax attacks

Senator Patrick Leahy who is Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and who had received an anthrax-tainted letter, said the FBI has not produced convincing evidence in the case. The Washington Post called for an independent investigation in the case saying that reporters and scientists were poking holes in the case.

On September 17, 2008, Sen. Patrick Leahy told FBI Director Robert Mueller during testimony before the Judiciary Committee Leahy chairs, that he did not believe Army scientist Bruce Ivins acted alone in the 2001 anthrax attacks, stating:

"I believe there are others involved, either as accessories before or accessories after the fact. I believe that there are others out there. I believe there are others who could be charged with murder."
The other anthrax letters were sent to media mega-corporations: ABC News, CBS News, NBC News and the New York Post, all located in New York City, and to the National Enquirer at American Media, Inc. in Boca Raton, Florida.

One might wonder, if one knows anything about how power actually works, if this wasn't an excellent way to cow the media in general, and "make them an offer they couldn't refuse" to follow the Nazi --I mean Patriotic-- Party Line.

But then, we should permit President Bush, a spectacular liar, to speak for himself:

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories
concerning the attacks..., malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame...."

Jan 2018
Arkansas
'
2001 anthrax attacks

The other anthrax letters were sent to media mega-corporations: ABC News, CBS News, NBC News and the New York Post, all located in New York City, and to the National Enquirer at American Media, Inc. in Boca Raton, Florida.

One might wonder, if one knows anything about how power actually works, if this wasn't an excellent way to cow the media in general, and "make them an offer they couldn't refuse" to follow the Nazi --I mean Patriotic-- Party Line.

But then, we should permit President Bush, a spectacular liar, to speak for himself:

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories
concerning the attacks..., malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame...."

And all of this proves ?????????

Jan 2018
Arkansas
On any given day, I can go through the checkout line at my grocery store and find at least a half dozen conspiracy theories. Most of them have as just as much credibility as what you are pushing.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
It is pathetic that grown men have such childish ideas about how politics really work. It shows how successful the Brainwashing Machine is in neutralizing their mental processes.

Conspiracies are standard practice for governments, as is the entrapping of agents to do the dirty deeds. It is a matter of public record that the CIA and other US government elements have funded and planned bombings, terrorism, murders and disinformation propaganda---often together with agencies of other governments. Consider:

Operation Gladio

which over many years carried out a program against the left-wing in Europe. US agencies were involved in "black operations," murders, political assassinations, bombings, terrorism, disinformation campaigns and propaganda to create hysteria. They were connected with the assassination of Prime Minister Aldo Moro by the so-called "Red Brigade," which was a phony leftist terrorist group, set up and funded by the right-wing agents of Operation Gladio. This has all been confirmed at the highest levels---by the European Parliament and people like President Cossiga of Italy (who, by the way, has stated quite firmly that 9/11 was carried out principally by the CIA, and that there is no question of this fact by the intelligence agencies of European countries).

Jan 2018
Arkansas
'
It is pathetic that grown men have such childish ideas about how politics really work. It shows how successful the Brainwashing Machine is in neutralizing their mental processes.

Conspiracies are standard practice for governments, as is the entrapping of agents to do the dirty deeds. It is a matter of public record that the CIA and other US government elements have funded and planned bombings, terrorism, murders and disinformation propaganda---often together with agencies of other governments. Consider:

Operation Gladio

which over many years carried out a program against the left-wing in Europe. US agencies were involved in "black operations," murders, political assassinations, bombings, terrorism, disinformation campaigns and propaganda to create hysteria. They were connected with the assassination of Prime Minister Aldo Moro by the so-called "Red Brigade," which was a phony leftist terrorist group, set up and funded by the right-wing agents of Operation Gladio. This has all been confirmed at the highest levels---by the European Parliament and people like President Cossiga of Italy (who, by the way, has stated quite firmly that 9/11 was carried out principally by the CIA, and that there is no question of this fact by the intelligence agencies of European countries).
"In 2007, Cossiga wrote (referring to the 2001 September 11 attacks): "all democratic circles in America and of Europe, especially those of the Italian centre-left, now know that the disastrous attack was planned and realized by the American CIA and Mossad with the help of the Zionist world, to place the blame on Arab countries and to persuade the Western powers to intervene in Iraq and Afghanistan".[50][51] However, the previous year Cossiga had stated that he rejects theoretical conspiracies and that it "seems unlikely that September 11 was the result of an American plot."

You are relying on him as proof?