Man behind ACORN video allegedly tries to tamper with Senator's phone

Jan 2013
Delaware
If anybody remmebers James O'Keefe, the guy who posed as a pimp and got ACORN basically endorsing his behavior on tape - he's now been arrested along with 3 other men for attempting to tamper with a government phone.

A conservative activist who made controversial undercover videos of the liberal community organizing group ACORN was one of four men charged Tuesday with attempting to illegally access and manipulate the phone system in a district office of U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana. Joseph Basel, 24, Robert Flanagan, 24, James O'Keefe, 25, and Stan Dai, 24, were charged with entering Landrieu's New Orleans office - which is federal property - under "false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony," according to a news release from the local U.S. attorney's office.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32035.html

I think their ACORN video was pretty legitimate (even though nobody seems to mention they were kicked out of a few offices before finding one that helped them), however this is just ridiculous. These four were allegedly trying to wiretap a senator's phone? I hope they get the maximum penalty allowed for their crimes.

Mar 2009
If anybody remmebers James O'Keefe, the guy who posed as a pimp and got ACORN basically endorsing his behavior on tape - he's now been arrested along with 3 other men for attempting to tamper with a government phone.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32035.html

I think their ACORN video was pretty legitimate (even though nobody seems to mention they were kicked out of a few offices before finding one that helped them), however this is just ridiculous. These four were allegedly trying to wiretap a senator's phone? I hope they get the maximum penalty allowed for their crimes.
I often wonder how much of these phone tappings are going on in this day and age of satellites and very sophisticated equipment, that we don't know about. Just can't help but think that James O'Keefe has to be a less than intelligent individual, and that it was more than predictable that he would have been found out if he had been tampering with any equipment. Perhaps he is not the one we should be worried about, although it is probably good to make an example out of him?