Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Drunk at work...fired.
Stoned at work...fired.
Drunk behind the wheel...busted.
Stoned behind the wheel...busted.
Drunk in public...night in detox.
Stoned in public...night in detox.

We already have the laws in place for marijuana, due to alcohol....the level of impairment becomes the real issue.

Anyone who gets high will tell you the impairment is minimal, especially in comparison to alcohol inebriation. there seems little argument that getting stoned does not carry the same level of health, societal, criminal, or personal risks that alcohol can...yet one is legal and taxed.
Judgment is thrown off same as being drunk but I will agree that when stoned or high, I can walk a straight line, speak clearly, drive and even work (albeit slowly).

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Drunk at work...fired.
Stoned at work...fired.
Drunk behind the wheel...busted.
Stoned behind the wheel...busted.
Drunk in public...night in detox.
Stoned in public...night in detox.

We already have the laws in place for marijuana, due to alcohol....the level of impairment becomes the real issue.

Anyone who gets high will tell you the impairment is minimal, especially in comparison to alcohol inebriation. there seems little argument that getting stoned does not carry the same level of health, societal, criminal, or personal risks that alcohol can...yet one is legal and taxed.
Agreed, all the laws exist.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Judgment is thrown off same as being drunk but I will agree that when stoned or high, I can walk a straight line, speak clearly, drive and even work (albeit slowly).
Hell...my judgement gets thrown off every time my wife gets pissed.

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Hell...my judgement gets thrown off every time my wife gets pissed.
You raise an interesting point. Anger can alter your mind, I hav seen many road rage accedents. Attacks based on rage, far more injury caused by anger than being stoned.

Nov 13, 2012
USA
When cars are self-driving, that'll do away with one of the bigger scare tactics of the prohibitionists.

Pot is already so common that I doubt legalization would do much to make roads less safe.

Nov 17, 2012
Mesquita, RJ, Brazil
Do not know how this situation is where you live. But here, the big problem is that the use of it is related to the trafficking and crime. I do not even know a marijuana user who is not involved with the crime, unfortunately this problem is that causes the population agree with the ban ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm using google translator.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Here in the states...few are involved with the trafficking side of weed, unless growing it locally. Instead it is generally a recreational drug considered relatively benign. Issues with the cartel mentality are primarily contained in Mexico/South America and are rarely seen on our side of the border.
That said, the incredible violence being perpetrated by these cartels in Mexico is due to the United States taste for marijuana/Cocaine....etc. Fortunately, legalization is taking place right now across the country, which seems the only way the illegal trade can be lessened. Marijuana legalization will NOT stop the violence, as it will simply be based on another drug...it will however seriously diminish our prison population and slow the cross border activity. (IMHO)

Nov 17, 2012
Mesquita, RJ, Brazil
I see marijuana here, is used as a gateway to the initiation trafficking. The bosses entice the kids with marijuana, then comes the dust and so on. Only personnel of the middle class do not mix much with the drug crime. And above all, have the pressure from conservatives, the police (watch elite squad you'll understand). Enough is hilarious to see many criticizing a kid because it's a drug user as politicians take money in his underwear and some realize.

At the end of everything, I think it just legalizing drugs will either improve or sink all the time.

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Do not know how this situation is where you live. But here, the big problem is that the use of it is related to the trafficking and crime. I do not even know a marijuana user who is not involved with the crime, unfortunately this problem is that causes the population agree with the ban ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm using google translator.
If we quit buying cocain from smugglers, they will be crippled. War on drugs ifs one, legalize the production in foreign lands, lower costs to citizens, cripple ths cartels, its foolish not to legalize it.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
Medical properties, I am not sure about, I never did that research, if it improves the condition of life for those suffering the effects of cancer treatment, why not let people use it for that. We give kids speed to make them behave in class.

The addictive side of it, anything can be addictive, why pot addiction is worse than say cigarette addiction our caffeine addiction, I will never know
I have never known anyone to get addicted to marijuana. And for good reason, it's incredibly rare. Unlike tobacco, it does not have any substances in it that are addictive. Getting addicted to marijuana is about as likely as getting addicted to Bissli.

In Northern Israel, genetically engineered marijuana is being grown. It lacks THC and retains all of its medically beneficial properties. Marijuana is legal for medical purposes.

Nov 13, 2012
USA
In Northern Israel, genetically engineered marijuana is being grown. It lacks THC and retains all of its medically beneficial properties. Marijuana is legal for medical purposes.
Uh, Dirk, it's THC that is responsible for the major medical benefits of marijuana. Also, Dirk, it doesn't take genetic engineering to produce marijuana with effectively no THC. Dirk, lay off the weed.

May 29, 2009
USA
Mark Twain once said:"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough"; expressing some doubts on the virtue of temperance. (He was reportedly drunk on the occasion.) If by temperance one means self-restraint, then it indeed has virtue, for control over one’s appetites would tend to the "Golden Mean" and avoidance of excess. If temperance means refraining from drink, its virtue is more problematic; for while many extol the "nectar of the gods", few mortals can give good account of its use.

Dirk

Anarchist
Apr 27, 2009
Disunited Queendom
Uh, Dirk, it's THC that is responsible for the major medical benefits of marijuana. Also, Dirk, it doesn't take genetic engineering to produce marijuana with effectively no THC. Dirk, lay off the weed.
Actually, it's CBD (which is heightened in the new plant) that is responsible for the medical benefits of marijuana, THC just gets one high.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Actually, it's CBD (which is heightened in the new plant) that is responsible for the medical benefits of marijuana, THC just gets one high.
Indeed, THC's only medicinal use is mood modification, a stone can bring an aggressive person down while a high can treat depression. Other chemicals treat things like blood pressure and cancer and it's this wide variety of these chemicals that makes weed an all purpose drug.

Nov 13, 2012
USA
I wonder of the doctors and drug companies that provide Marinol (THC pills) prescriptions are aware that THC just gets one high? What's the brand name of those synthetic CBD (no THC) pills?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I wonder of the doctors and drug companies that provide Marinol (THC pills) prescriptions are aware that THC just gets one high? What's the brand name of those synthetic CBD (no THC) pills?
Might want to reread the Drug Facts labels. They're ether mood modifying drugs or THC is merely the active (primary) ingredient and all the other chemicals are listed as well. This is assuming you ever read a Drug Facts label in the 1st place and aren't talking out of your ass.

Nov 13, 2012
USA
Might want to reread the Drug Facts labels. They're ether mood modifying drugs or THC is merely the active (primary) ingredient and all the other chemicals are listed as well. This is assuming you ever read a Drug Facts label in the 1st place and aren't talking out of your ass.
If I talk out of my @ss, it's just to make things fair.

Marinol's only active ingredient is THC.