Media Is More Hostile To Trump Than Any President Since Lincoln

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
Media Is More Hostile To Trump Than Any President Since Lincoln

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich weighs in on the discredited BuzzFeed story on FOX News Sunday:

CHRIS WALLACE: How damaging is the "BuzzFeed" story and the almost total knockdown by the special counsel to the media?

GINGRICH: Well, it comes on top of the previous week's "New York Times" story that such Trump could be a Russian agent, until you get to paragraph nine when it said, actually there's no proof at all that this story is true. I mean you had this continuous --​

WALLACE: This was a story that there was a counterintelligence investigation by the FBI.

GINGRICH: Right. Yes, and then they said they found nothing and it's not true.

WALLACE: Right. That he was a Russian agent.

GINGRICH: But the headline.

WALLACE: Right.

GINGRICH: Trump said about 90 percent negative. And I did tell him -- he tweeted about this. I said to him, I think he's had the worst media hostility since Lincoln. I think you cannot find any other president who has been a relentless and ending assault, much of it dishonest. And, of course, Mueller, frankly, saved my bacon because I was on "Fox and Friends" and had not seen the report and they said, well, what about "BuzzFeed," and I said it's a lie. And luckily it turned out Mueller said, yes, it's not true.

WALLACE: Yes, you did say it was a lie.​