"Medicare For All" Overpriced Pipe Dream

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
:smug::smug::smug:

A new study released by Charles Blahous at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has received a lot of attention this week. It concludes that the “Medicare for all” proposal endorsed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and others would “increase federal budget commitments by approximately $32.6 trillion during its first 10 years of full implementation.”

http://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/400381-medicare-for-all-is-a-pipe-dream

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
North Carolina
Wow that is some series cash....but-and there is always a but-the estimate for total healthcare costs in the US (US government estimate) for calendar year 2016 was 3.3 trillion and a good portion of that provided no care, insurance premiums, overhead etc. So I guess it all depends on how you look at it. In case you are math challenged 32.6trillion /10 is right around 3.3 trillion-what a coincidence!!!
I've always been a little astounded that the people that continuously proclaim the USA as No 1 in everything can't get their minds around what a dismal condition our healthcare system is. I'm sure if we put the best and the brightest together we could build a system that provides more care at a lower cost than what we have now. What happened to that good old Yankee ingenuity?

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Wow that is some series cash....but-and there is always a but-the estimate for total healthcare costs in the US (US government estimate) for calendar year 2016 was 3.3 trillion and a good portion of that provided no care, insurance premiums, overhead etc. So I guess it all depends on how you look at it. In case you are math challenged 32.6trillion /10 is right around 3.3 trillion-what a coincidence!!!
I've always been a little astounded that the people that continuously proclaim the USA as No 1 in everything can't get their minds around what a dismal condition our healthcare system is. I'm sure if we put the best and the brightest together we could build a system that provides more care at a lower cost than what we have now. What happened to that good old Yankee ingenuity?
How is is "dismal"??? one year I had ObamaCare, My medical bills were $193,000, and my total premiums for the year were around $1200. I reached the maximum out-of-pocket yearly expense of $2250. so for a grand total of $3,450 in my actual cost, I saved almost $193,000!!! :D

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
You are comparing apples and oranges! In once case, it is the consumer cost, in the other the government's cost, which grossly adds to the national debt, and can (and likely will) BANKRUPT us!!! :eek::eek: