Navigation in Afghanistan during winter

Mar 2009
Can't be easy to manouvre in Afghanistan during winter. Already challenging enough during the rest of the year, so add thick snow and avalanches, has to be an enormous challenge. No wonder "occupying" forces don't get to stay for that long.

Refer slideshow in Yahoo!News

Mar 2009
That picture looks like some of the US today.:p
Right! Good point :giggle: I saw on CNN that for the first time since year dot, there had been snow in 48 of the 50 States of the US. The two remaining ones were Hawai and Florida. They thought that parts of Florida may be included in the stats during the next day or so. Can't believe Mississippi and Texas got snow as well. Guess air travel has to be one huge headache. Next thing some of the airlines would have to go bust again :unsure:

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Right! Good point :giggle: I saw on CNN that for the first time since year dot, there had been snow in 48 of the 50 States of the US. The two remaining ones were Hawai and Florida. They thought that parts of Florida may be included in the stats during the next day or so. Can't believe Mississippi and Texas got snow as well. Guess air travel has to be one huge headache. Next thing some of the airlines would have to go bust again :unsure:
Did I ever tell you how much I hate snow and cold weather. This is the first day I have not shoveled snow all week.:rolleyes:

Global warming.:p

Mar 2009
Did I ever tell you how much I hate snow and cold weather. This is the first day I have not shoveled snow all week.:rolleyes:
Does this mean that you are having less snow, as I thought another snow storm was brewing? Or am I spoiling your moment of relief now? :eek:

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
I thought it was only Canada that had territories? Does the US have those as well, and which are they?
Puerto Rico is the first one that springs to mind. Hold on a second, i'll just check the rest.

EDIT:

Guam
US Virgin Islands
American Samoa
Midway Islands
Nortern Mariana Islands

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Puerto Rico is the first one that springs to mind. Hold on a second, i'll just check the rest.

EDIT:

Guam
US Virgin Islands
American Samoa
Midway Islands
Nortern Mariana Islands
Then you have all the associations, nominally independent nations that are effective american colonies. The Marshall Islands come to mind.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Well, climate change or as some scientists have dubbed it, "climate chaos" is a symptom of global warming, isn't it?