New Jersey Legislature Approves Medical Marijuana

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
How about fully legalising it?

Urgh, okay, whatever, it's a step in the right bloody direction.

Mar 2009
How about fully legalising it?

Urgh, okay, whatever, it's a step in the right bloody direction.
Goog question, as do not forget, there is also still Federal Legislation in place, and darn if I know what it is. They really are badly in need of a complete overhaul of all the legislation and this is one piece of legislation that should be confined on the State and not the Federal Government level.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Goog question, as do not forget, there is also still Federal Legislation in place, and darn if I know what it is. They really are badly in need of a complete overhaul of all the legislation and this is one piece of legislation that should be confined on the State and not the Federal Government level.
As per executive order, state law on this issue supersedes Fed law.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
What's actually funny is that there is no justifiable medical reason to keep marijuana illegal. What's more is that far more dangerous activities are perfectly legal, so they can't claim to be protecting people! I mean, if weed is illegal, then why is smoking tobacco not illegal? Or rock-climbing, consuming alcohol, or horseriding?

Mar 2009
What's actually funny is that there is no justifiable medical reason to keep marijuana illegal. What's more is that far more dangerous activities are perfectly legal, so they can't claim to be protecting people! I mean, if weed is illegal, then why is smoking tobacco not illegal? Or rock-climbing, consuming alcohol, or horseriding?
Agreed, maybe it is a conspiracy of the tobacco and alcohol companies, just to make sure that marijuana won't eat away their profits? Just imagine if marijuana should be freely available? Cigarettes, alcohol and prescription drugs will probably all take a nosedive in profits :D

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Agreed, maybe it is a conspiracy of the tobacco and alcohol companies, just to make sure that marijuana won't eat away their profits? Just imagine if marijuana should be freely available? Cigarettes, alcohol and prescription drugs will probably all take a nosedive in profits :D
And timber. Hemp is a brilliant substitution for paper.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
And maybe the price of beer would go down for me.
It may well do. I presume you're thinking competition with a less dangerous and easy to obtain legal drug will mean they'd have to lower the price and heighten the quality to sell it?

On the other hand, they might make it more expensive and simply spend more money on marketing.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
It may well do. I presume you're thinking competition with a less dangerous and easy to obtain legal drug will mean they'd have to lower the price and heighten the quality to sell it?

On the other hand, they might make it more expensive and simply spend more money on marketing.
Then I would need to make my own. It is a lot of trouble and takes a little time but I have had "home brew" before and liked it.:)

Mar 2009
Then I would need to make my own. It is a lot of trouble and takes a little time but I have had "home brew" before and liked it.
Right! And maybe other people would like it too, and one of these days you would be selling beer too.:)

Agreed. Alcohol and especially alcohol staple like beer is much too expensive.