NK declares end to truce, cut's off diplomatic hotline to SK.

Jun 2012
Stuart
There hope I believe is to start a conflict to lure us in. In doing so they know China will most likely become involved. Chinese officials have already stated they do not want American or allied forces on their border.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
There hope I believe is to start a conflict to lure us in. In doing so they know China will most likely become involved. Chinese officials have already stated they do not want American or allied forces on their border.
I don't see China getting mixed up in the war unless nukes are used or they want to conquer Japan. That said, NK is crazy and it's looking like the Chinese do want a rematch for WW2 so...

I'd also like to point out SK wouldn't win the war regardless of what happens to NK. NK is set up to turn the place into a toxic, lifeless wasteland in under 2 hours (3 if we go after their artillery right off the bat) so if the war starts back up, kiss the global economy goodbye.

Dec 2012
United States
I don't see China getting mixed up in the war unless nukes are used or they want to conquer Japan. That said, NK is crazy and it's looking like the Chinese do want a rematch for WW2 so...

I'd also like to point out SK wouldn't win the war regardless of what happens to NK. NK is set up to turn the place into a toxic, lifeless wasteland in under 2 hours (3 if we go after their artillery right off the bat) so if the war starts back up, kiss the global economy goodbye.
But NK will be kissed goodbye first.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
But NK will be kissed goodbye first.
You seriously underestimate NK. Even if we nuked the place, SK still dies. If we don't use nukes, then we'll have a massive and fanatical military to deal with with China hanging over our heads.

May 2012
The motherland
[YOUTUBE]vQiKSjBfulY[/YOUTUBE]

The Koreans are pretty adept at getting on each others' nerves because it's part of competitive Korean culture and we should not be too concerned about their internal strife. If Obama opens up to the North Korean leadership as Dennis Rodman did with his personal diplomacy, everything could be settled peacefully. South Korea's right-wing regime refuses to engage with North Korea but Nixon's ping-pong diplomacy in the 1970s created an environment to bring about a thaw in US–China relations and history shows that diplomacy works to diffuse tensions.

Bill Maher wrote Tuesday that President Barack Obama should follow “the Rodman doctrine” and visit North Korea to meet with its dictator Kim Jong Un, as former NBA player Dennis Rodman did last month. "Dennis Rodman makes a lot of sense! … His basic premise – that Kim Jong Un is a product of his system and perhaps young and flexible enough to change – isn’t stupid,” the liberal comic wrote in a blog post published Tuesday.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/maher-to-obama-try-rodmans-way-88763.html

Last edited:
Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Ypu seriously underestimate SK, and American firepower
And you're ignoring NK's massive army and the fact that most of the world's artillery is located in NK and targeted at Soul and other cities along the border. Even if we launched a 1st strike and even if our 1st target was that artillery, barring nukes, NK kills SK. With nukes we kill SK, radiation is a bitch.

Dec 2012
United States
Not ignoring NKs massive army. I'm suggesting you're underestimating SK's capabilities. Secondly, we're not going to use nukes as we've still nearly 40,000 US troops still in SK....that I believe you also underestimate and are fully aware of NK's dispositions militarily....and are you aware of the firepower in any US Navy Carrier Group, David?

They're merely saber rattling. Keep your nerves about you.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
Not ignoring NKs massive army. I'm suggesting you're underestimating SK's capabilities. Secondly, we're not going to use nukes as we've still nearly 40,000 US troops still in SK....that I believe you also underestimate and are fully aware of NK's dispositions militarily....and are you aware of the firepower in any US Navy Carrier Group, David?

They're merely saber rattling. Keep your nerves about you.
You acting like I'm saying NK would win, I'm not. I'm saying the Koreas have a MAD situation in place. A renewed war means Soul and most of northern SK (and with it, 50% of the population) will be gone inside 2 hours.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie
And now we're scrambling forces to the west coast... I'm all for not ignoring a crazy country with nukes but did we have to be so public about it? Jong-un is having a propaganda field day now, I'm sure and having gone public the media has revealed to NK that even with our defenses, even odds they kill LA if the send a nuke our way. They should of built up our defenses quietly.

Dec 2012
United States
And now we're scrambling forces to the west coast... I'm all for not ignoring a crazy country with nukes but did we have to be so public about it? Jong-un is having a propaganda field day now, I'm sure and having gone public the media has revealed to NK that even with our defenses, even odds they kill LA if the send a nuke our way. They should of built up our defenses quietly.
I had actually started threads about these foreign policy topics earlier, it of course got no traction. Syria, North Korea, Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, China, Russia, the Euro Union, south or central Americas...what exactly are our foreign policies. Defenses needed to be built up quietly did you say, David?

I would say that's a serious matter to even admit quietly needing defenses are necessary in SK. The President 'calming' us the other night explaining the Iranians were "a year" away from a nuclear weapon, we know they've already been improving their delivery systems.

Do we have a captain? Is there someone ahead who is carrying this flag, who is in charge of US foreign policies? The Sec of State in order to cover her widened and guilty of incompetence at Benghazi arse stated under oath that North Africa was becoming a hotbed for al-Qaeda and radical Islam. I've posted concerning the Taliban in Afghanistan, the unstable governments in North Korea, Syria, and Pakistan.

Where is the leadership? Where is the policy, what track or tact are we taking, what is the general theme even? Does anyone know?

Certainly you rocket scientists who elected and then re-elected this President know what we're doing, what is it? Pretend I'm from Missouri.