Nobility

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
If you can shoot a person for entering your house against your will, but can't do so if the person has a title, that is nobility.

Your thoughts?

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
I understand the concept of nobility to be something very different than that which you present.

"Nobility is a social group - status State - which possesses more acknowledged privileges or eminence than members of most other classes in a society, membership therein typically being hereditary. The privileges associated with nobility may constitute substantial advantages over or relative to non-nobles, or may be largely honorary (e.g. precedence), and vary from country to country and era to era. Historically membership in the nobility and the prerogatives thereof have been regulated or acknowledged by the government, thereby distinguishing it from other sectors of a nation's upper class. Nonetheless, nobility per se has rarely constituted a closed caste; acquisition of sufficient power, wealth, military prowess or royal favour has, occasionally or often, enabled commoners to ascend into the nobility."

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I understand the concept of nobility to be something very different than that which you present.

"Nobility is a social group - status State - which possesses more acknowledged privileges or eminence than members of most other classes in a society, membership therein typically being hereditary. The privileges associated with nobility may constitute substantial advantages over or relative to non-nobles, or may be largely honorary (e.g. precedence), and vary from country to country and era to era. Historically membership in the nobility and the prerogatives thereof have been regulated or acknowledged by the government, thereby distinguishing it from other sectors of a nation's upper class. Nonetheless, nobility per se has rarely constituted a closed caste; acquisition of sufficient power, wealth, military prowess or royal favour has, occasionally or often, enabled commoners to ascend into the nobility."
Okay, a social group very exclusive that has special privilege to rule over a nation is not a noble?

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Okay, a social group very exclusive that has special privilege to rule over a nation is not a noble?
Yes, it can be.

This is not in my opinion:
If you can shoot a person for entering your house against your will, but can't do so if the person has a title, that is nobility.
As I stated.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
I don't understand why you would post something not your opinion. That's kind of pointless

I obey no nobles
I did not do so....I posted what YOU proposed as nobility.

As it seems virtually everything posted to communicate, debate, discuss or converse with you is misunderstood or somehow interpreted in a way other than intended I no longer wish to spend the time and energy required.

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I did not do so....I posted what YOU proposed as nobility.

As it seems virtually everything posted to communicate, debate, discuss or converse with you is misunderstood or somehow interpreted in a way other than intended I no longer wish to spend the time and energy required.
Good buy then

Feb 3, 2012
England
We have lots of nobles here and they have to obey the same law as everyone else...except the Queen doesnt have a passport, the rest of her family do :)

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
We have lots of nobles here and they have to obey the same law as everyone else...except the Queen doesnt have a passport, the rest of her family do :)
We outlawed the nobility and striped them of their titles and lands (the ones that bothered to stay after the Republic anyway). What nobles we have hold titles from outside the country and have no privileges while here.

Aug 27, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
David, et al,

Well, I wouldn't totally agree.

We outlawed the nobility and striped them of their titles and lands (the ones that bothered to stay after the Republic anyway). What nobles we have hold titles from outside the country and have no privileges while here.
(COMMENT)

Have you ever noticed how Congressmen and Senators are treated? When they go no those boondoggles overseas, they have more entourage than any English lord or prince.

We have nobility, we just call it something else.

Most Respectfully,
R

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
David, et al,

Well, I wouldn't totally agree.

(COMMENT)

Have you ever noticed how Congressmen and Senators are treated? When they go no those boondoggles overseas, they have more entourage than any English lord or prince.

We have nobility, we just call it something else.

Most Respectfully,
R
yes indeed we do, which was really my point this whole post. I'm glad you said it I would have been ridiculed and mocked as is standard.

Dec 25, 2012
space

Your thoughts?
interesting but true

those nobel people got rich and gained the landlordship status through despotism and violence :p

May 3, 2012
The motherland
[YOUTUBE]D1dXCd6YwF4[/YOUTUBE]

Legally, you cannot prevent commoners from attacking royals and they need royal protection officers everywhere they go and it's no different from celebrities protected by private security guards. This Buckingham Palace knifeman in the video suffered £170,000 debt and believed his only hope was to lobby the Queen for help.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Mermaid, et al,

I tend to thin we are confusing the meaning of "nobility" with "abusive behaviors." I also think we are not taking into account the development of society over time. There is a big difference between the behaviors of the associated with the past and that of today.

interesting but true

those nobel people got rich and gained the landlordship status through despotism and violence :p
(COMMENT)

Nobility is a class of people possessing very high or excellent qualities or properties. The titles may define the class of a person, but their actions and behaviors define who they really are.

Most Respectfully,
R

Feb 5, 2013
Wisconsin
Insofar that US laws do not recognize a "nobility" class or its titles ( U.S. Constitution - Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 ) the question is rather moot. It can be argued though that tacitly, there is a privileged class consisting of those with money and political connections.

A "noble" action or deed however, is apart from any concept of nobility.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Nobility is how people act when they wish to outdo the aristocracy's idealised picture of itself. The noble were supposed to be free of the squalid need for money and thus enabled to act like human beings.