Obama plan would end many business tax breaks

Jan 2012
Begs the question of Obama even takes into consideration the many thousands, hundred of thousands of employed people in these companies who are going to suffer from this. The richest managers will not be affected by it too badly, the effect will be much more visible among the workers.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Begs the question of Obama even takes into consideration the many thousands, hundred of thousands of employed people in these companies who are going to suffer from this. The richest managers will not be affected by it too badly, the effect will be much more visible among the workers.
I know you are looking forward to my opinion. So here it is.

Many tax breaks need to go away. The fat cats will be fine. Many will just raise the price of goods and services to make up the difference. As with gas prices. Anything done to make oil companies pay more ends up costing people at the pump. Then the economy takes a dive. Gas prices have so much effect because people are standing there watching their money run out of a hose. It is not like getting a bill at the end of the month or buying a sandwich for lunch.

BTW- I am not blaming Obama for this one.

Jan 2012
Yep, absolutely! But then for Obama to sweet talk the poorer part of the population, and then do something like this? It's just not right.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Yep, absolutely! But then for Obama to sweet talk the poorer part of the population, and then do something like this? It's just not right.
All the politicians are sweet talking their tails off now. And it will continue until after the election. I just try to strain out what I agree with and forget the rest. It is a shame they can't be fined for lying. Maybe fined in votes.;)

Jan 2012
All the politicians are sweet talking their tails off now. And it will continue until after the election. I just try to strain out what I agree with and forget the rest. It is a shame they can't be fined for lying. Maybe fined in votes.;)
Obama could pay back the US deficit if he was fined for his lies :giggle:

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Obama could pay back the US deficit if he was fined for his lies :giggle:
They all need to stop lying. The good old USA is in a fair amount of trouble now. I can't prove it, but I think the best of either party will never run. Why would anyone put their family through this meat grinder that we call elections? Everyone has a "trashable" branch of their family. And if you run for office it is open season on your family. I give a lot of credit to Billy Carter. He would just offer reporters a beer when they showed up. Most don't handle it that well. Old drunk Aunt Mable might not want to be interviewed.:p

Jan 2012
Haha, hilarious.

I think you make a valid point, but I see the good old USA in the Republican party, more than I can see it in the Democratic Party. I become depressed when I read what Democratic politicians talk about, they're always so pessimistic about the future for the US and they rarely say anything positive, including Obama. The positive spirit I see among Republicans is what eventually will put the US back on track. And the US will do fine eventually, Americans as well as Europeans have endured hardship before, we've gotten through it before, and we can again.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Haha, hilarious.

I think you make a valid point, but I see the good old USA in the Republican party, more than I can see it in the Democratic Party. I become depressed when I read what Democratic politicians talk about, they're always so pessimistic about the future for the US and they rarely say anything positive, including Obama. The positive spirit I see among Republicans is what eventually will put the US back on track. And the US will do fine eventually, Americans as well as Europeans have endured hardship before, we've gotten through it before, and we can again.
Sure we will. If we just stop shooting ourselves in the butt.

Jan 2009
I can't prove it, but I think the best of either party will never run. Why would anyone put their family through this meat grinder that we call elections? Everyone has a "trashable" branch of their family. And if you run for office it is open season on your family.
I disagree here. I think if they believe they can win they run. I think the incentives are stronger now than possibly ever to be a politician given how selling out (which means gifts, $$$, jobs, etc.) is so prevalent and almost part of the system.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
I disagree here. I think if they believe they can win they run. I think the incentives are stronger now than possibly ever to be a politician given how selling out (which means gifts, $$$, jobs, etc.) is so prevalent and almost part of the system.
:D Evidently some of the ones running are mistaken. I guess come November we will know who the "super sellout" will be. Or do we call them "super crook".:rolleyes: