Obama says trust me

Aug 2013
Oklahoma
Only the naive would believe their government can be blindly trusted. On this subject, there are far too many whistle blowers opening it up, too many legislators introducing bills and amendments to bills restricting the NSA. Judicial Watch, ACLU and many others filing FOIA's and law suits, the DEA is under investigation by the DOJ, foreign countries are cancelling long standing surveillance agreements with us, the NSA director has been CAUGHT RED HANDED lying to congress, and I could go on at length. But not to worry, it's classified so you can't see it, but if you could see it, you'd realize how perfectly they are following the law. And the best part is when Obama says if I wasn't in the government I'd be worried too!!!

"I am comfortable that the program currently is not being abused," Obama said. "I am comfortable that if the American people examined exactly what was taking place, how it was being used, what the safeguards were, that they would say, 'You know what? These folks are following the law.'"

Because the program remains classified, however, it's impossible for Americans to conduct that analysis beyond the assurances his administration has given.

"Understandably, people would be concerned," the president said. "I would be, too, if I weren't inside the government."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/obama-new-oversight-no-change-spying-power

Last edited:
Aug 2013
Oklahoma
You have become part of the problem. Hopefully though, Americans who appreciate their fourth amendment will prevail over the lethargic and apathetic ones. You were cool with it when it was George Bush who was doing the warrantless (in case you need reminding, that means ILLEGAL) wiretapping, I suppose.

Aug 2013
Oklahoma
He apparently got his knickers in a knot because I noted his spelling of the word, not that it is wrong but there are other spellings and I could post up publications that use other spellings first, IF it was important, but tripping over the least significant aspect of my post he failed to comment on the important, or maybe he found the rest unremarkable or didn't care, whatever.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
He apparently got his knickers in a knot because I noted his spelling of the word, not that it is wrong but there are other spellings and I could post up publications that use other spellings first, IF it was important, but tripping over the least significant aspect of my post he failed to comment on the important, or maybe he found the rest unremarkable or didn't care, whatever.
Shirley you can't be serious! :D