Olympic Comments Thread

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Kindly post you Olympic thoughts/comments/observations here! :D

WOOHOO!!! The USA hockey ladies just made Olympic hockey history, by scoring two goals in just six (6) seconds against the Russians! :D

Last edited:
Oct 2012
NC
With a lot of events they don't highlight what country the person is representing very well and the "uniforms" are often generic and don't denote the country either.

is this a globalism thing?

Nov 2017
With a lot of events they don't highlight what country the person is representing very well and the "uniforms" are often generic and don't denote the country either.

is this a globalism thing?
Huh? One color team on ice is one team, and another color is other. USA jersey says USA in big letters on front!

Need glasses? :unsure:

Nov 2017
Woohoo! USA ladies beat the crap out of the Russians 5-0 by getting 50 shots on goal vs. Russia getting only 13! They disallowed 6th goal after review, saying was result of a hand pass.

Nov 2017
BAD wipeout by USA ladies luge run!!! :cry:

Canadian girl awaiting to go next looks pretty upset. They may have to postpone event.

I was just mentioning those pointy things on the sled could be DANGEROUS if they wipe out, and then it happened!!! :(

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Cool! And small world! :D Not one, but TWO of the girls have brothers that were on my Orlando Solar Bears roster!

Dani Cameranesi on the USA ladies hockey team, is obviously the younger sister of Tony Cameranesi, on Solar Bears roster last season! :D

I say "obvious" because the are two years apart in age, and born in towns 5 miles apart. :D

Dani Cameranesi

Tony Cameranesi hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Same scenario for Amanda Kessel! Her brother, Blake Kessel was on Solar Bears roster, 2013-2014, are also 2 years apart in age, and were born in same exact town! :D

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3854005-amanda-kessel-

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=99552

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
The Olympics are a cesspool of corruption and imbecility and should be abolished.

I refuse to watch them or know anything about them.

Nov 2017
USA beats Finland 5-0 and Canada beats Russia 5-0 in the women's hockey semi-finals to play for the gold next! :cool:

Nov 2017
Well. I suppose it gives profits to those who sell the right drugs. I preferred amateur sport, when there was any.
That's so weird that merely watching the Olympics causes folks to increase legal and/or illegal drug use!!! :rolleyes: