Party Time!

Mar 2009
We have self-serving politicians that think nothing of selling off our state to make a quick buck for themselves. Latest example? Florida only has water to last until '13. The gov't just sold off rights to mine the water to a water bottling company in California. :mad:
Canadians are in the same boat with having rights to their water sold to the States. So basically may even be worse off.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Canadians are in the same boat with having rights to their water sold to the States. So basically may even be worse off.
The planet is made up of 70% water on the surface.

But only 0.3% of that is fresh.

There will be a major issue of this in the future. There will be water riots. There will be wars fought over it in the future.

Mar 2009
The planet is made up of 70% water on the surface.

But only 0.3% of that is fresh.

There will be a major issue of this in the future. There will be water riots. There will be wars fought over it in the future.
it sounds extreme now, but I can see that happening. Some of it is already happening in parts of drought stricken Africa.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
it sounds extreme now, but I can see that happening. Some of it is already happening in parts of drought stricken Africa.
Yeah. I think i already mentioned that Kenya is in its third consecutive year of drought?

I read it somewhere and it stuck in my head.

Mar 2009
Yeah. I think i already mentioned that Kenya is in its third consecutive year of drought?

I read it somewhere and it stuck in my head.
Right, Botswana also has some serious problems, probably parts of South Africa too.