Paul Ryan: Republicans not seeking government shutdown

Jan 2009
Paul Ryan has come out to say that Republicans are not trying to get a government shutdown amidst accusations by the left that the GOP is playing games with the budget to just that. Ryan stressed that they are willing to negotiate, but only if spending cuts are included.

The debate comes after the House voted to reduce current spending by $61 billion.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
The house did their work. The senate and the president need to be working on their part instead of taking a "holiday". The democrats should have passed their own budget last year instead of waiting for the republicans to do it. But maybe that was their plan. It was too tough for the democrats, so they waited so they could "pretend" to be "shocked".

Jan 2009
This quarrel is going to come down to the last minute. It will be interesting to see how negotiations end up, but I do expect something to pass before a government shutdown happens.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
This quarrel is going to come down to the last minute. It will be interesting to see how negotiations end up, but I do expect something to pass before a government shutdown happens.
I think both sides would let the government shut down, if they could be sure the other side would be blamed.:rolleyes: