philosophical quotes

Oct 2012
NC
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.

- Viktor E. Frankl

Oct 2012
NC
I don't fear death so much as I fear its prologues: loneliness, decrepitude, pain, debilitation, depression, senility. After a few years of those, I imagine death presents like a holiday at the beach.

- Mary Roach

Oct 2012
NC
The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

What matter where, if I be still the same,
And what I should be, all but less then he

Whom Thunder hath made greater?
Here at least we shall be free; the Almighty hath not built

Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choice

To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heaven.
- Lucifer speaking in Paradise Lost by Milton

Oct 2012
NC

I’ve always found it odd and kind of sad when people can have great empathy for people of vastly different cultures, yet can’t muster it for their next door neighbor, fellow student or co-worker.
- arcturus88

Oct 2012
NC
I’ve always found it odd and kind of sad when people can have great empathy for people of vastly different cultures, yet can’t muster it for their next door neighbor, fellow student or co-worker.

-arcturus88

Oct 2012
NC
I’ve always found it odd and kind of sad when someone can have great empathy for people of vastly different cultures, yet can’t muster it for their next door neighbor, fellow student or co-worker.

-arcturus88

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
[COLOR=#000000]I’ve always found it odd and kind of sad when people can have great empathy for people of vastly different cultures, yet can’t muster it for their next door neighbor, fellow student or co-worker. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]-arcturus88[/COLOR]
Examples?

Nov 2017
[COLOR=#000000]I’ve always found it odd and kind of sad when someone can have great empathy for people of vastly different cultures, yet can’t muster it for their next door neighbor, fellow student or co-worker. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]-arcturus88[/COLOR]
Examples?

Oct 2012
NC
liberals are often this way.

I went to grad school with many who express great empathy and acceptance of differing cultures (Islamic, African, etc) , yet often hated or put down their peers.

get it?

Nov 2017
liberals are often this way.

I went to grad school with many who express great empathy and acceptance of differing cultures (Islamic, African, etc) , yet often hated or put down their peers.

get it?
Just like they are all up in arms about Trayvon Martin, yet the dozens shot & killed in Chicago are seemingly ignored.