Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (-1)

Jun 2013
Earth
Narrator: The huge black dog was taken out from the dungeon and chained to the gate of the old man's mountain fortress next day. Meanwhile, the priest was riding a white horse like the wind towards the old man's mountain fortress which was a magnificent castle built on top of a high rock reaching 2000 m above sea level.

On the way, he found an old man sitting on a high wall of a large building.

Priest: Hi, Old Man of the Mountain!

Old man: No, I am not the Old Man of the Mountain. I am his twin brother.

Priest: Don't pull my leg. You really resemble the Old Man of the Mountain.

Old man: If I were my twin brother, I would have that super magic power to fly over the wall like a bird. I won't end up in such a precarious position on the wall, thinking how to jump down safely to enter my summer resort through the back door.

Priest: Why don't you enter your summer resort through the main entrance?

Old man: I am running a four-yearly election against my twin brother for the post of Lord of the Mountain Castle. Thousands of protesters are blocking the main entrance to my summer resort as they turned violent against my proposed ban on immigration of a certain religious group and deportation of all illegal immigrants from the region. Hence I detoured around the walls to the back of the building, so that I can sneak inside by climbing over this wall.

Priest: If your election campaign continues to be dogged by protestors, I suggest that you should take up some parkour lessons to overcome all barriers and obstacles, otherwise you may end up like the character in my "haiku".

High wall,
Humpty Dumpty falls,
Boom!

Old man: What rubbish are you reciting? Stop poking fun at me! Leave me alone!

Priest: Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Seeing you sitting precariously on the wall just reminds me of Humpty Dumpty.

Old man: Anyway, I don't have any more time for your nonsense. I have to jump down now. High on the wall, I can see some protesters coming in this direction. I don't want them to see me in this awkward situation. Goodbye!

Narrator: After saying those words, the old man jumped down with a boom. Whether he came out alive or not, the priest did not know as he could not see the other side of the wall. With his horse breaking into a furious gallop, he continued his journey towards the old man's mountain fortress.

*************************************** THE END *************************************************

Jun 2013
Earth
Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Hey dude! If you continue crossing a road or driving with that cockeyed grin in your eyes, you will leave this world sooner than expected. :)

Okay, after cracking the cockeyed joke with you, let's turn to our serious business of providing evidence.

First of all, what is the message of the following political satire?

http://politicalfray.com/political-humor/7796-political-satire-old-man-mountain-15-a.html
My friend, unfortunately the problem with implications or saying things figuratively, rather than literally, is "the message" is highly dependent upon one's perspective! :redface::redface:

From my perspective, the message is: "if you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs". :D

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Arkansas
My friend, unfortunately the problem with implications or saying things figuratively, rather than literally, is "the message" is highly dependent upon one's perspective! :redface::redface:

From my perspective, the message is: "if you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs". :D
I agree. For me it is a bit pointless. I have no desire to try to figure out the meaning. I don't bother reading them and I would guess that very few people bother to read them based on the response.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
Just a side note. My opinion on this is pretty much useless. If you enjoy writing and posting them, then go for it. I just won't bother reading them. No harm, no foul.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
this is true, but only because there are very few that post here at all.

that said I read them.

you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth. :rolleyes:
Don't confuse lack of interest with lack of ability. I enjoy reading and art.

But Ralph is correct. My talent is mostly math and sciences. A world where I suspect you would be lost.

Oct 2012
NC
Don't confuse lack of interest with lack of ability. I enjoy reading and art.

But Ralph is correct. My talent is mostly math and sciences. A world where I suspect you would be lost.

that is certainly a paradox then...

you have posted multiple times on this and other threads that you supposedly lacked interest.

I may or may not be lost in your world of math and science. as for now, I am quite comfortable in my own skin and have no need to puff out my chest.

Jan 2018
Arkansas
I....have no need to puff out my chest.
But that is exactly what you did when making your remarks about Ralph and me. Like I said before, I have no objections to your writing. It may even be very good writing. I just have no interest in reading it. No harm. No foul.

Oct 2012
NC
But that is exactly what you did when making your remarks about Ralph and me. Like I said before, I have no objections to your writing. It may even be very good writing. I just have no interest in reading it. No harm. No foul.
you mean this...

you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth. :rolleyes:
a mere joke , my good man.
ralph surely gets it but I've known him for 20+ years too.