Possible China/NK solution.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
What if the United States told all U.S. companies they need to liquidate Chinese production facilities in preparation for an impending ban on all product made in China, No imports no transaction. We then institute this ban until China stops helping NK, Iran, Pakistan....etc...and watch as American products begin to replace these goods and our economy benefits.

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
What if the United States told all U.S. companies they need to liquidate Chinese production facilities in preparation for an impending ban on all product made in China, No imports no transaction.
errrmm...well America would be fcuked 5 ways from Sunday but it would be fun for the rest of the world as they would make a huge pile of cash from the arbitrage of all the stuff from China that the US needs to keep it going. Buy in the stuff from China, slap on their own label, resell the stuff to the US and get 20% cut then you would have soaring inflation - I think you have a 4 to 1 trade imbalance??...something like that anyway. Cool huh

Oh yeah...and...you would also see a lot of this.....

Not a great idea for you but if this is the thinking in the states let me know as its a basis for a really good business plan!

and watch as American products begin to replace these goods and our economy benefits.
I assume that's a joke?

We then institute this ban until China stops helping NK....
yeah and...tah dah... and north korea etal would be in a much stronger position than they were before... geopolitically speaking the US would be equally buggered as the Chinese would have no reason to hold back on any US allies in the region thus NK would be a very happy little wagging dog trotting after its master....

So to sum up not a good idea...:)

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
Are people really scared of North Korea in the states... I mean what do people think is going to happen?

Oct 2012
NC
Are people really scared of North Korea in the states... I mean what do people think is going to happen?

personally not afraid but he does send up missiles, threaten other countries, and is working toward launching nukes. Plus there is no evident "demands" or conditions for his nutty behavior.

In other words, Kim does not seem to say "I'm doing this because___ and if you do _____ I will not do it anymore"

he just says "I'm doing this."

Aug 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
In other words, Kim does not seem to say "I'm doing this because___ and if you do _____ I will not do it anymore"
The because part is rather simple...and forget the "I will not do it anymore" part as its a waste of breath why would they stop? makes no sense to me

he just says "I'm doing this."
Without wishing to sound crass in any way but so what? He has a missile to play with big deal let him have his fun. If its nuclear missiles you're worried about then you should look at Russia or even Pakistan where the ability to maintain and service them and the level of command and control over them is somewhat lackadaisical. Its an ever expanding club which the US started; face it shit happens :eek: