predictions for 2019!!!

Jun 2013
Earth
North Korea and Kim Jung Un are in a difficult position. There is no real positive solution to the situation. They feel they need nuclear weapons to be taken seriously in the world. They have the 4th largest arming in the world. If word was to get to the North Korean people, as a whole what life is like in South Korea, and the rest of the world, Kim Jung Un and his government would fall.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro
Long after you see Lord Jesus, they will still be around. :)

Oct 2012
NC
Thank you, my most respected mentor and confidant,

1. For all the hullabaloo in #1, each side will walk away after the summit without getting what they wish for. US sanctions on North Korea will stay.

2. In #2, the following can happen as Trump and company resolve to wreck the Chinese economy with the ultimate aim and hidden agenda to repeat the "Soviet collapse" on the Chinese Communist Party:

(a) The Huawei CFO will be sentenced to jail, if not death.

(b) More tariffs will be imposed by Trump on more Chinese goods.

(c) The US will threaten more countries with sanctions and tariffs to ban Huawei.

There! Now you've got it!
Excellent job reedak. You have bound your predictions to actual markers (underlined).

By the way, my good man, you seem to have altered your position from thinking Trump a small-brained buffoon to now thinking him a mastermind of supervillain proportion.
cheerio!

Jun 2013
Earth
There! Now you've got it!
Excellent job reedak. You have bound your predictions to actual markers (underlined).

By the way, my good man, you seem to have altered your position from thinking Trump a small-brained buffoon to now thinking him a mastermind of supervillain proportion.
cheerio!
My most respected friend, my opinion on Donald Trump as a "small-brained buffoon" has not changed. Rather, I am comparing him to some Ming emperors during the declining years of the Ming Dynasty when eunuchs wielded enormous influence and power behind their backs.

In this respect, I suspect Peter Navarro, the "invisible", silent, mysterious man, who once a while bursts out like an active volcano (for example, saying "there's a special place in hell" for Justin Trudeau), is the most powerful man in the US.

P.S. Donald Trump could be compared to Tsar Nicholas II, the last monarch of Russia, behind whom Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin wielded considerable influence in late imperial Russia.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/10/politics/peter-navarro-justin-trudeau/index.html

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Grigory-Yefimovich-Rasputin

Last edited:
Oct 2012
NC
My most respected friend, my opinion on Donald Trump as a "small-brained buffoon" has not changed. Rather, I am comparing him to some Ming emperors during the declining years of the Ming Dynasty when eunuchs wielded enormous influence and power behind their backs.
oh ok.. when GWB was in power people often held differing and incompatible views about him. He is a simpleton and dummy , yet a mastermind who is going to war in Iraq to steal their oil. holding these two opposing views creates cognitive dissonance however, and the way they relived themselves of this painful condition was to say in essence:

GWB is a dummy but the evil mastermind is Rove , Rumsfeld, Cheney who are REALLY running the show.

Whatever the case it is the same story you detail with Trump. Neither are true but they do help people keep their polarizing views, without viewing the men as real human beings with good and bad.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
North Korea and Kim Jung Un are in a difficult position. There is no real positive solution to the situation. They feel they need nuclear weapons to be taken seriously in the world. They have the 4th largest arming in the world. If word was to get to the North Korean people, as a whole what life is like in South Korea, and the rest of the world, Kim Jung Un and his government would fall.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately they have an iron fist on information about the South.

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
Keep in mind that North Korea has only existed as a country since WWII. People who have never been to the region have no idea how the people of North Korea could live as they do. Most of the country does not own televisions. Part of the population of North Korea doesn't have access to electricity. They do not know what the internet is. One of the missile tests showed Kim Jung Un standing next to a CRT monitor. This is current, not old to them.

Jun 2013
Earth
The second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi is about 8 hours away. My educated guess is that it will end up as another joke of the century.

In my opinion, the US will fail again in its goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea whatever "cosmetic" deal is struck at the summit. To denuclearize North Korea is as difficult, if not impossible, as destroying the koramon's egg in one of my political satires.

Small nations like North Korea and Iran can point the way to big countries in how to deal with US hegemony under Donald Trump. Tiny nuts seem to be harder to crack than big pumpkins. :)

https://politicalfray.com/threads/political-satire-the-old-man-of-the-mountain-9a.7741/

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
The second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi is about 8 hours away. My educated guess is that it will end up as another joke of the century.

In my opinion, the US will fail again in its goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea whatever "cosmetic" deal is struck at the summit. To denuclearize North Korea is as difficult, if not impossible, as destroying the koramon's egg in one of my political satires.

Small nations like North Korea and Iran can point the way to big countries in how to deal with US hegemony under Donald Trump. Tiny nuts seem to be harder to crack than big pumpkins. :)

https://politicalfray.com/threads/political-satire-the-old-man-of-the-mountain-9a.7741/
I predict it will come to light that reedak will be proven as quite the jokester, based on his prediction.

Jun 2013
Earth
I predict it will come to light that reedak will be proven as quite the jokester, based on his prediction.

1. My great friend, it's time for you to eat your words. Once again you have to run round the school field 100 times just as what you had been doing almost daily during your school days as punishment. :)

In his news conference at Hanoi after his meeting with Kim Jong-un on February 28, Donald Trump revealed that the US and DPRK had abruptly cut short their meeting and walked away without a deal.

The following are some of the details disclosed to journalists:

(a) Kim wants the sanctions to be lifted entirely.

(b) Kim is willing to dismantle Yongbyon if the sanctions are lifted.

(c) Both sides agree to continue meetings in future.

2. Kim proves to be Trump's nemesis in resisting US hegemony. He has given a good lesson to the world on how to deal with the so-called Great Dealmaker.

The failure of the second Trump-Kim summit once again reinforces my view that the US could never achieve its goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea. In my opinion, North Korea's nuclear programme is as indestructible as the koramon's egg in one of my political satires.

Source: https://politicalfray.com/threads/political-satire-the-old-man-of-the-mountain-9a.7741/

3. A Vietnamese tanker, the Viet Tin 01, arrived just outside the harbour of Nampo on North Korea's western coast on February 25 carrying 2,000 tonnes of gasoline.

It was not immediately clear whether the tanker unloaded cargo at Nampo. Under sanctions imposed by the United Nations, North Korea is heavily restricted in its imports of crude oil and refined petroleum products.

News outlet NK Pro, which monitors North Korea developments, said in a report on Thursday "the transfer would likely push against UN resolutions" under which its fuel imports are restricted.

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/vietnamese-tanker-bound-north-korea-gasoline-cargo-trump-062725354.html

http://fortune.com/2016/07/19/donald-trump-negotiating-the-art-of-the-deal/

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-01-07/trump-s-shutdown-proves-he-was-never-a-great-dealmaker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yongbyon_Nuclear_Scientific_Research_Center

Last edited:

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
The USA-NK summits are a success simply by having them. Prior to the 1st summit, NK was launching ballistic missiles, including over Japan, regularly. They did six nuclear tests. And they were threatening the USA. Since the first summit all of this has stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: arcturus88
Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
The USA-NK summits are a success simply by having them. Prior to the 1st summit, NK was launching ballistic missiles, including over Japan, regularly. They did six nuclear tests. And they were threatening the USA. Since the first summit all of this has stopped.
You really:

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously, we need to take "baby steps" w/ NoKo.

Oct 2012
NC
Reedak,

To make predictions you need verifiable markers and it also needs to be able to be proven incorrect or wrong.

For example if I predict that Kim Kardashian will die, then it can be verified if she dies, also if she lives I am proven wrong.

your statement
My educated guess is that it will end up as another joke of the century.
fits neither of those criteria.

the outcome is a mere opinion and not verifiable at all.

Please go back to the drawing board and give it another go my good man.

Jun 2013
Earth
Reedak,

To make predictions you need verifiable markers and it also needs to be able to be proven incorrect or wrong.

For example if I predict that Kim Kardashian will die, then it can be verified if she dies, also if she lives I am proven wrong.

your statement fits neither of those criteria.

the outcome is a mere opinion and not verifiable at all.

Please go back to the drawing board and give it another go my good man.
My respected Mentor,

You should notice that I did not use the word "prediction". Instead you could see that I used the words "educated guess" and "opinion".

Anyway, I have the guts to express my view (or opinion) that the US could NEVER achieve its goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea.

Maybe decades or even centuries later, future generations will look back and say that my political satire about North Korea's nuclear programme (which I compare to the indestructible koramon's egg) is the MOST DARING AND PROPHETIC of all my political satires.

If the US succeeds to dismantle ALL the North Korean nukes tomorrow or anytime, I shall withdraw from all political forums in SHAME and DEFEAT.

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Earth
You are quite behind the times! Will be a steel fence. :cool:
My great friend, I assume you have a car like many Americans. Your car is definitely made of iron or steel, not clay or wood. Just scratch it with a nail and see what happens. :)

Last edited:
Oct 2012
NC
My respected Mentor,

...Anyway, I have the guts to express my view (or opinion) that the US could NEVER achieve its goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea.

Maybe decades or even centuries later, future generations...

If the US succeeds to dismantle ALL the North Korean nukes tomorrow or anytime, I shall withdraw from all political forums in SHAME and DEFEAT.
it is ok to predict that the US will never achieve a goal of complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea. But I would stick to what you can measure, namely as the title presents "predictions for 2019" .

you may say then , Ok no complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation (CVID) of North Korea in 2019 then!

and that is fine and measurable , but weak.

I would guess most , including Trump do not believe it will happen that fast. No one expects a meeting to occur or even two or three wherein they walk away with such a deal. It is a long road to such a deal , but a road worth taking .

Oct 2012
NC
2. Justin Trudeau will step down due to a scandal...
This is interesting. It seems my Trudeau prediction may have some legs!

https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2019/03/05/why-justin-trudeau-is-in-trouble

ALLEGATIONS THAT Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister, put pressure last year on Jody Wilson-Raybould, then justice minister and attorney-general, to drop a criminal case against a large construction company have dominated the news for almost a month. Ms Wilson-Raybould says that the Liberal prime minister and his officials pushed her to suspend the prosecution of SNC-Lavalin for bribing Libyan officials prior to 2011, and fine the company instead. Mr Trudeau admits that he raised the matter with Ms Wilson-Raybould because he wanted to protect 9,000 jobs, but denies that he and his officials did anything inappropriate. He did not override Ms Wilson-Raybould’s decision to proceed with a trial. And she has not accused him or his aides of criminal behaviour. So why is Mr Trudeau in trouble?

When Mr Trudeau led the Liberals to victory in the election in October 2015, he called himself a feminist, promised to improve Canada’s troubled relations with indigenous peoples and pledged to conduct an open and transparent government. These promises look empty after Ms Wilson-Raybould, an indigenous politician, told the parliamentary justice committee investigating the affair on February 27th that the prime minister and his officials had tried to strong-arm her. The most senior bureaucrat in Ottawa issued “veiled threats” of what would happen if she did not change her mind, she testified. (That bureaucrat, who has testified previously, is due to appear before the committee again on March 6th.) She believes that she was demoted in January to the more junior post of minister of veterans’ affairs as punishment...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/justin-trudeau-says-he-s-taking-scandal-resignations-seriously-n979266

Justin Trudeau says he's taking scandal, resignations 'seriously'
The leader of the opposition Conservative Party called again for Trudeau to resign and for a police investigation.

Philpott, who was in overall charge of government spending, deprives Trudeau of another powerful female Cabinet minister just months ahead of an election that polls show he could lose.

Philpott's friend, former Attorney General and Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, testified last week that Trudeau and senior members of his government inappropriately tried to pressure her to avoid prosecution of a major Canadian engineering company in a case involving allegations of corruption in Libya.