Pride & Glory

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Here's the deal: pride and glory go hand in hand; if you have glory, then you have something to be proud of. No glory, no pride.

However, I believe that some religious individuals believe that pride is a SIN, even they throw the word "glory" a LOT. Can someone reconcile this difference/confusion/apparent contradiction? :unsure:

Aug 2, 2017
Medway Towns, Kent
pride has two meanings one is basically hubris the other a humble sense of wider attachement or belonging within and towards an individual, group or society.

so which one are you plumping for.... door number one..... door number two......drum role....

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
pride has two meanings one is basically hubris the other a humble sense of wider attachement or belonging within and towards an individual, group or society.

so which one are you plumping for.... door number one..... door number two......drum role....
If anything, I thought you would have said that GLORY has two meanings.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
Here's the deal: pride and glory go hand in hand; if you have glory, then you have something to be proud of. No glory, no pride.

However, I believe that some religious individuals believe that pride is a SIN, even they throw the word "glory" a LOT. Can someone reconcile this difference/confusion/apparent contradiction? :unsure:
Pride (or rather, superbia, Greek hybris) is indeed a sin --- the worst sort of sin possible. Naturally, it is very widespread in the United States.

Glory is an attribute of the Divine --- and only of the Divine. Mere mortals can at best dimly reflect it, not possess it.

All human pride is no more than filthy rags.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
'
Ralph, you are too illiterate to recognise a biblical reference:

Isaiah 64:6 King James Version

6. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.