Public control of money creation

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
'
Public control of money creation
The power to create new money is something that the government could feasibly control and administer itself, for the benefit of all. But governments have surrendered their power of seignorage to the private banking system and its investors.

This has far-reaching, negative impact because, as Mellor explains, “It is the private, bank-issued money system that leaves us with a pernicious cycle of debt and growth. Money could encourage socially and ecologically sustainable production and consumption, but only if it ceases to be a creature of the market and is reclaimed as a social and public representation of value.”

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
When you quote, the identity of quoted is needed. Phantom quotes are illegitimate! :rolleyes:
Your brainwashing control mechanism prevents you from perceiving the obvious: that there is a clear link to my quote.

I hope that you recover from your hypnotic conditioning --- though probably at your age that is no longer possible.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I highly recommend you avoid making false accusations toward an individual with the power to end your participation in a community you seem to enjoy before you manage to cross the line into temptation for removal. Particularly when said participation has no positive effect on the purpose of the community in question beyond limited entertainment.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Huh??? How is what your quote of me remotely an "accusation"???!!! -seriously!!!! (in other words, please explain).
First this:
"Double standard. When I quote, I'm often criticized for NOT having a link for a source!!!"

To which I stated never by me (the only one who has the power here) followed by your silly and ignorant reply.

My commentary was primarily meant to explain your precarious usefulness as a contributor to this forum due to the extremely limited intellectual addition you represent. That you then solidify this quality by being unable to grasp very simple (if subtle) hints it is certainly not helpful. While I expect and welcome a certain level of disagreement with moderation, when it comes from an individual that displays an inherent lack of rationality and knowledge it becomes trying to say the least. If this explanation is too complex for your understanding I can certainly simplify it for you.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
This is an excellent example of the quality of your contributions and I appreciate your providing it in this context. The point of having a community of adult driven conversations/debates on a debate forum is to develop and maintain a level of discussion that promotes quality interaction and exchange of ideas. When the primary content of a member is silly memes and childish threads with virtually no useful or intelligent contribution to the actual purpose I am placed in an interesting position.
As my primary function here is to maintain the integrity and activity(viability) of this place I must decide if you are of benefit enough to compensate for your intellectual deficiencies. If you also become a difficult to manage problem the scale is tilted in a way that simplifies my position significantly. I have been contemplating the likely result of your removal for some time and have hesitated because of your continuous thread production and the likelihood we would lose your good friend if I did so.
You are making this decision much easier.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
To GET BACK ON TOPIC:

Public control of money creation is EXTREMELY important! It would be chaos w/o it!

Too much control leads to hyperdeflation, and too little leads to hyperinflation! Either scenario would be an economic DISASTER.

LOL!!!
While I appreciate your attempt to present something more acceptable for this forum, it does allow me to explain another aspect of the problem you represent. Competence and intellect.
By stating the importance of a thing and then that it is a matter of utilizing it with care without explaining what you mean you are just stating the minimal and arbitrary thought without provoking useful discussion. Basically there is no "There, there" and you come off as an intellectually deficient trying to sound bright.
Public control of money actually led to a worldwide recession very recently that we are still trying to recover from due to minimal government oversite and deregulation.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
You should have said "over control". :D
That does not make sense. Over control could not have caused the fundamental corruption behind the lending practices that led to the housing bubble that caused a recession in the United States and bled into worldwide banking problems when the American system began to crack. It would seem you lack the understanding to discuss economics and history beyond one line talking points you manage to regurgitate and silly oversized memes you think are increasing the power of your pathetic statements.