Random thought thread

Oct 2012
NC
history of actual Bai Mei or Bak Mei:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bak_Mei

The leader of the Shaolin Temple, Hong Mei (“Red Eyebrows”) died, leaving his legacy to Chi Thien Su, also known as Jee Sin, one of the five Great Kung Fu Masters. According to some stories another such master, Chu Long Tuyen, the monk who would later become Bak Mei, did not accept this. He believed the Ming had become corrupt and Chi Thien Su would still serve them; Bak Mei would rather serve the foreign Qing Dynasty. Then came the attack against the Shaolin Temple at Quanzhou in Fujian province in 1647. Some sources indicate that this temple was actually in Henan, or that the invading forces recruited help from Tibetan warriors in the attack. The Five Elders survived, however, and soon Chi Thien Su would found a second Shaolin Temple at Nine Lotus Mountain, also in Fujian Province. The Five Kung Fu Masters survived the first destruction of the Shaolin Temple by Qing Imperial forces and sought shelter in another temple, Fujian Temple, but the other monks were massacred. After Bak Mei refused to provide his real name for fear of retribution (against his family and students - if they survived), the Abbott of the temple christened the monk “Bak Mei”

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
I have one of Ryan Callahan's game jerseys, identical to this one.

I've been wearing it quite a bit in this cold weather! :D

Last edited:
Nov 2017
NHL's #1 team, the Tampa Bay Lightning appear to have slacked off for last night's game and consequently got spanked 5-1 By Calgary! :confused:

Nov 2017
LOL! The President and I are apparently like two peas in a pod! We both apparently believe that exercise is superfluous, and we have only have so much energy to expend in our lifetimes, and should not waste it on exercise! :D

Nov 2017
I finally figured out after all these years how to spell and what it means when my grandfather often called me (in German) when I was a kid! :unsure:

He called me a LAUSBUB. It sounded like he was saying lausboop.

It means RASCAL. :D

FERNSEH means TV, BTW)

Nov 2017
I remember when we were kids and had to go along for department store (like Marshall Fields) shopping, we'd sometimes get something by the 1/4 lb. from the candy counter. I'd go for the malted milk balls, whilst my bro' went for the chocolate covered raisins.