Random thought thread

Aug 2018
In plain sight
I like our adjustable bed. Maybe a luxury, but it has its health benefits.
We are considering getting a sleep number this weekend. We might go with the i360 to start with (no motors or incline adjust) because it's on super sale and we've been sleeping like crap and need an improvement. At some point we'll probably go the whole dual adjustable hospital bed route because we're getting old. xD

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
It looks like a different board now. We'll see how the new design is good for attracting lurkers.
There are quite a few lurkers that come here. It would be interesting to see how the lurkers found there way here. I've tweeted a couple posts and have seen an increase in views on those threads but not posts. This leads me to think that some read but don't join.

Aug 2018
In plain sight
There are quite a few lurkers that come here. It would be interesting to see how the lurkers found there way here. I've tweeted a couple posts and have seen an increase in views on those threads but not posts. This leads me to think that some read but don't join.
Maybe it's because there are some members whose only response to any serious thread are that the OP is a faggot (seriously, they said it like they were imparting some great philosophical truth). And it wasn't just one member one time. I mean that turned me off instantly. To say nothing of the very first thread I ever read here and the first second one I posted in. It made quite an impression on me and told me a lot about what I can expect here. And the most active poster here does little more than post annoying gifs as responses to everything.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
We are considering getting a sleep number this weekend. We might go with the i360 to start with (no motors or incline adjust) because it's on super sale and we've been sleeping like crap and need an improvement. At some point we'll probably go the whole dual adjustable hospital bed route because we're getting old. xD
Did you get your sleep number bed? I discovered something late in life that I wish that I had known when I was younger. Never go cheap when you buy shoes, seats in your vehicle, and your mattress. I used to buy whatever was on sale. Someone would ask what was in my mattress and I didn't know. My first "good" mattress was by icomfort. After years, I moved to Eight Sleep mattress cover over a new icomfort. As you know, Okashii, I'm a technology guy. The sleep tracking of this mattress is phenomenal. Eight Sleep has helped me in many ways seeing how I am sleeping.

IMG_2282.PNG

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
Did you get your sleep number bed? I discovered something late in life that I wish that I had known when I was younger. Never go cheap when you buy shoes, seats in your vehicle, and your mattress. I used to buy whatever was on sale. Someone would ask what was in my mattress and I didn't know. My first "good" mattress was by icomfort. After years, I moved to Eight Sleep mattress cover over a new icomfort. As you know, Okashii, I'm a technology guy. The sleep tracking of this mattress is phenomenal. Eight Sleep has helped me in many ways seeing how I am sleeping.

"They" (manufacturers/sellers) say you should change a mattress "every 8 years". I think our current one is from the 90s, but still does they job! :cool:

Just like "they" say you should pump your septic tank every so often, and add chemicals yearly. We had ours at our old house for 29 years, and did NEITHER. :D

Aug 2018
In plain sight

Yes! And it is awesome! I haven't bought seats for my vehicle before that weren't already in it, but I love a good pair of boots. The best pair(s) I ever owned were in the Army. I wore those fuckers every day for years after I got out, until I wore the soles right off them.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
Yes! And it is awesome! I haven't bought seats for my vehicle before that weren't already in it, but I love a good pair of boots. The best pair(s) I ever owned were in the Army. I wore those fuckers every day for years after I got out, until I wore the soles right off them.
Nothing beats a well broken in pair of Corcoran Jump Boots. I haven't replaced the seats in my vehicles, I've just made sure to only buy a car that has comfortable seats. My primary vehicles are my Prius and my Elantra. I spent extra to get a model with lumbar support and heated seats on both.