REAL Impeachment vs. The Current Faux One) Poll

Should An Actual/Real/Genuine Impeachment Proceed?

• Yes, it would GUARANTEE a Trump Landslide & GOP regaining the House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, risking a landslide Trump victory & regaining the House it is too great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky

An actual, real, serious and official impeachment is proceeding at this point as written into our Constitution. As our political and legal system requires it must start with in depth investigation which eventually leads to agreed upon charges being filed and a vote in the House to proceed or not to. Only after this takes place does the Senate conduct a trial in public and depending on the outcome the President is either removed from office or not...in the case of Billy Boy he was left in office and censured. Johnson was aquited.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA

An actual, real, serious and official impeachment is proceeding at this point as written into our Constitution. As our political and legal system requires it must start with in depth investigation which eventually leads to agreed upon charges being filed and a vote in the House to proceed or not to. Only after this takes place does the Senate conduct a trial in public and depending on the outcome the President is either removed from office or not...in the case of Billy Boy he was left in office and censured. Johnson was aquited.
They've been on a fishing expedition for 3 years now.

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
The Democrats keep playing the short game. This impeachment is a one shot deal. The American people aren't going to stand for repeated attempts at this. Even if the House is successful, does anyone think the Senate will remove Trump? There have been two impeachments in our country's history. Neither have been successfully removed.

Reactions: Polydectes
Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
An impeachment doesn't have to be for crimes. That's why it's called an impeachment versus an indictment. So this is a real impeachment regardless of whether the accusations are false or not. I don't think it will amount to much. The only person to ever leave office under threat of impeachment was Richard Nixon. I don't think Trump will be that graceful. So impeaching him will do nothing. Sadly I think this is a precedent for politics now.

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
An impeachment doesn't have to be for crimes. That's why it's called an impeachment versus an indictment. So this is a real impeachment regardless of whether the accusations are false or not. I don't think it will amount to much. The only person to ever leave office under threat of impeachment was Richard Nixon. I don't think Trump will be that graceful. So impeaching him will do nothing. Sadly I think this is a precedent for politics now.
Article II of the US Constituiton

Section 4
The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Feb 2013
Article II of the US Constituiton

Section 4
The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
Yeah they can be impeached for bribery and such. They can also be impeached just because.

Feb 2013
Nope! Not because they are sore election losers.
I'm sure the reason they would use is that he's unfit to be president. That's why it takes the Congress and the Senate.

So we don't have this crap going on at every election.

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
I'm sure the reason they would use is that he's unfit to be president. That's why it takes the Congress and the Senate.

So we don't have this crap going on at every election.
The Constitution says impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors. Unfit for office is a different procedure.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
The Constitution says impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors. Unfit for office is a different procedure.
The absolute BEST determinant for ANY reason is an ELECTION which will be well under a year off, by the time they quit dilly dicking around with the issue. Unfortunately, the actually democratic method is the one that the Democrats FEAR the most! :rolleyes:

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
I suppose the supreme Court could over turn an impeachment
The Supreme Court has a lot of power in the process of impeachment. During the Nixon impeachment inquiry (Nixon was not impeached) the Supreme Court ordered Nixon to turn over the tapes.