REAL Impeachment vs. The Current Faux One) Poll

Should An Actual/Real/Genuine Impeachment Proceed?

• Yes, it would GUARANTEE a Trump Landslide & GOP regaining the House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, risking a landslide Trump victory & regaining the House it is too great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
The Senate does not convict in an impeachment. It removes from office. It cannot be appealed to the Supreme Court.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes they do either convict or acquit. The removal from Office is the punishment administered after they convict.

Southern Dad

Forum Staff
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
Yes they do either convict or acquit. The removal from Office is the punishment administered after they convict.
In Nixon v. United States (1993) the Supreme Court decided that impeachment was a political process and is not subject to review by the judiciary.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
In Nixon v. United States (1993) the Supreme Court decided that impeachment was a political process and is not subject to review by the judiciary.

Nixon was NEVER impeached. It never went that far. He resigned before he was. So it would be unprecedented if a President was impeached, then it went to Senate for trial, then was convicted, then punishment was removal from Office, and THEN the CONVICTION was appealed to SCOTUS.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
The FULL House never voted to impeach Nixon. In order to be officially to be considered impeached, the entire House must have a majority of a yea vote. It is faux impeachment until then.