Santorum meets with conservatives to discuss future; dropping out not on agenda

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
(CBS News) -- Rick Santorum is meeting on Friday with conservative leaders at their request to discuss a possible way forward for his beleaguered presidential campaign, two sources confirmed to National Journal/CBS News. One source, however, emphasized the meeting was not called to ask Santorum to drop out.
The sources said the meeting, in the Washington D.C. area, is to discuss a range of possible options to combat front-runner Mitt Romney, with a combined Santorum-Newt Gingrich ticket being one possibility under consideration.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...to-discuss-future-dropping-out-not-on-agenda/

Why do they keep encouraging this nut to hang on?:mad:

Mar 2012
Whidbey Island, Wa
Why do they keep encouraging this nut to hang on?:mad:
I personally want this nut to hang on as long as possible. If he should somehow stumble into the nomination, Obama wouldn't even need to waste his time with fund raising. And if he doesn't make the nomination, he would at least be trashing Romney all the way to the convention.

Last edited:
Mar 2009
Undisclosed
I personally want this nut to hang on as long as possible. If he should somehow stumble into the nomination, Obama wouldn't even need to waste his time with fund raising. And if he doesn't, he would at least be trashing Romney all the way to the convention.
As bad as I want Obama gone I am not sure I could vote for Santorum. I would probably just vote on the lesser elections. But as I have said before. I don't like any of the guys running today. Obama is not my president and never will be. And I really don't see anyone that I would be proud to call president. So I will remain without a president for the next 5 years.

Mar 2012
Whidbey Island, Wa
I feel for ya, DodgeFB. I was in your shoes when Kerry ran against W in 2004. Tweedledum or Tweedledee.

Dec 2011
Earth
Over 313 million citizens in the US and we are stuck voting between a man who has been to 57 states, one who has been on every side of every issue, someone who is so religious he makes Pat Robertson seems sane, one who has more baggage than Paris Hilton and another who actually has great ideas but is not taken seriously by his own party because his policies actually contain logic, and logic is shunned in politics.

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
Over 313 million citizens in the US and we are stuck voting between a man who has been to 57 states, one who has been on every side of every issue, someone who is so religious he makes Pat Robertson seems sane, one who has more baggage than Paris Hilton and another who actually has great ideas but is not taken seriously by his own party because his policies actually contain logic, and logic is shunned in politics.
Very true and well said. But I still chose not to run!:p