Senate passes health care bill

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
The health care insurance bill which has come under a lot of debate in recent months has passed the Senate with a 60-39 vote. It brings the Obama administration a step closer to their promise of bringing health care reform under this presidency and Congress. Thoughts?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126165317923104141.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories
It can still fail when they try too make one out of the two. (senate and house). In my opinion they have just enough rope to hang themselves. When people find out what they did to us there will be a price to pay. But I may be wrong.:rolleyes:

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
I wonder if they've actually read it?

Number one criticism: "I thought reform entailed some sort of proper change?"

:unsure:

Mar 2009
Undisclosed
I wonder if they've actually read it?

Number one criticism: "I thought reform entailed some sort of proper change?"

:unsure:
They just want to do something "historical"! Seems to be a favorite phrase these days with the democrats. Watch them scatter when it blows up.

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
They just want to do something "historical"! Seems to be a favorite phrase these days with the democrats.
Haha. Yah.

I've always said, the less they intend to do about something, the more they need to talk about it.

;)

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
Haha. Yah.

I've always said, the less they intend to do about something, the more they need to talk about it.

;)
Is it time to shoot them all yet? Seriously, this gov't sucks so bad that the Left and Right are both agreeing on the best way to solve our mutual problem. :bomb:

Mar 2009
The health care insurance bill which has come under a lot of debate in recent months has passed the Senate with a 60-39 vote. It brings the Obama administration a step closer to their promise of bringing health care reform under this presidency and Congress. Thoughts?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126165317923104141.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories
I'm very confused, as there have been so many changes made from the Congress version to the Senate version. I would have imagined that due to the changes at the Senate level, and including that separate deal that was made with Nebraska that at least the changes needed to be voted on by Congress before they move to the next step? All of it is pretty confusing and very undemocratic and even corrupt (as to deals made for votes such as the Nebraskan one) to me :confused:

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
I'm very confused, as there have been so many changes made from the Congress version to the Senate version. I would have imagined that due to the changes at the Senate level, and including that separate deal that was made with Nebraska that at least the changes needed to be voted on by Congress before they move to the next step? All of it is pretty confusing and very undemocratic and even corrupt (as to deals made for votes such as the Nebraskan one) to me
Welcome to Representative "Democracy".