Should true universal suffrage be implemented?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
NO....there is enough immaturity already in place.
I'd met HS students with more brains then the adults. We'd have a better education and health care system if politicians had to worry about pissing off teens. Notice how seniors never seemed to get screwed?

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Nope. It's on point.

Age of majority isn't just about being old enough. In contract law, it often is that point in time when a person can be held liable for a signed contract.

People who cannot be held liable for a contract have no business voting.

Of course, if I had my way people one WELFARE who pay no income taxes would not be allowed to vote, either. But that's just me.
Indeed but this isn't about age of majority but voting rights. This isn't about letting 4 year olds vote but letting those who have the political awareness to join campaigns, donate money and advocate candidates and ballot measures actually do the simple task of checking a box. This doesn't magically happen at 18 and to be so arbitrary simply disenfranchises a massive segment of the population.

Cutting Medicare is political suicide, cutting Medicaid (largely the same program) is par for the course and even good politics when the budget is a hot topic. Guess what the difference is.