South Carolina Governor Stanford

Mar 2009
Florida, USA
How utterly stupid can a man be? Really.

This man left the country for days and didn't let anyone know where he was. Then he was caught coming back into the country and admitted to an affair. Then he gave an odd press conference where his staff stood in the background and seemed to be laughing at him and he didn't make much sense.

Now he's saying that god wants him to stay on as governor, the Argentinian woman was his soul mate, and he was going to try to fall in love again with his wife.

The only person who is even stupider in this whole thing is his wife, who has yet to file for divorce.

Jan 2009
Yea, his whole plan was really flimsy, but this is really something personal and we shouldn't judge his abilities as Governor based on his affair- we should base it on how he does his job.

As for his wife, I think that is very crude of you to call her stupid. This sort of thing is very tough for the people going through it with emotions running wild and you really can't call her stupid for not filing for divorce yet. And in terms of intelligence, she is actually a very smart lady as she was Mark's campaign manager and was really the brains behind a large part of the operation- I have even heard suggestions that she should run for Governor of S. Carolina.

By the way, it's Governor Sanford, not Stanford.

Mar 2009
Yea, his whole plan was really flimsy, but this is really something personal and we shouldn't judge his abilities as Governor based on his affair- we should base it on how he does his job.

As for his wife, I think that is very crude of you to call her stupid. This sort of thing is very tough for the people going through it with emotions running wild and you really can't call her stupid for not filing for divorce yet. And in terms of intelligence, she is actually a very smart lady as she was Mark's campaign manager and was really the brains behind a large part of the operation- I have even heard suggestions that she should run for Governor of S. Carolina.

Agreed this is personal, but then he chose to make it public with a press conference. Probably would have been a good idea to keep quiet a while to find his feet first before addressing the public.

Jan 2009
Agreed this is personal, but then he chose to make it public with a press conference. Probably would have been a good idea to keep quiet a while to find his feet first before addressing the public.
That's true- his press conference wasn't exactly a boost for his public image considering his and his workers reactions/body language.

Jan 2009
Philadelphia

In 2005 Time Magazine cited Mark Sanford one of America's worst Governors. His wife stated that she knew of the affair seven moths before. He stated that his friendship with the woman didn't turn sexual until 2007. If he lied to his wife and family what do you think the people of South Carolina think.