Stock Market Still Rising Post Trump Win

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Historical knowledge, hey? I'd got the idea that you were an American. Glad I was wrong. :)
Your continuous debasement of America and Americans is irritating and indicative of your own mentality and intellectual level of thought. It is fortunate that us pathetic Americans do not base our opinions of your compatriots on what YOU project.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
LOL! You really think Britain would have won the war, had we not intervened & stayed completely neutral???
Once again, your ignorance shows.

Neither the Americans nor the Brits won the war --- they just helped out a little.

The Russians won the Second World War --- and it cost them 30 million of their population.

You'd think the Yanks would show a little gratitude --- but as Dr. Johnson remarked:

"Gratitude is the fruit of great cultivation; you do not find it among gross people."

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Once again, your ignorance shows.

Neither the Americans nor the Brits won the war --- they just helped out a little.

The Russians won the Second World War --- and it cost them 30 million of their population.

You'd think the Yanks would show a little gratitude --- but as Dr. Johnson remarked:

"Gratitude is the fruit of great cultivation; you do not find it among gross people."
I REALLY wish this would die. The Russians only survived becuase Lend Lease and the Allies opening new fronts in Africa, Italy and France forcing the Germans to divert forces West. And this was with the US fighting off an invitation by Japan that pushed as far east as Alaska at the same time.

The Soviets didn't win the war, Hitler not crushing the British at Dunkirk making Africa (and thus Italy) and D-Day possible did. Had he done so, the British would have had no way to conduct an offensive war and public support would have dried up. No British enemy (and telling the Japanese to not sucker punch America, something top military leaders in Japan were also warning against) means all forces not playing cop in occupied areas go East and the Soviets never make their counter offensive.

The Soviet body count is becuase they suck at war, not becuase of how much they committed to the fight. The argument otherwise was Soviet propaganda that took root in the West thanks to post-war resentment of America's policy of forcing the Europeans to dismantle their empires in return for Martial Plan inclusion.

I'm willing to give the Soviet defence credit and I make no claim that America won the war on it's own but the counter to ''Merica, **** ya!' being 'The Soviets did it.' is idiotic.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
I REALLY wish this would die. The Russians only survived becuase Lend Lease and the Allies opening new fronts in Africa, Italy and France forcing the Germans to divert forces West. And this was with the US fighting off an invitation by Japan that pushed as far east as Alaska at the same time.

The Soviets didn't win the war, Hitler not crushing the British at Dunkirk making Africa (and thus Italy) and D-Day possible did. Had he done so, the British would have had no way to conduct an offensive war and public support would have dried up. No British enemy (and telling the Japanese to not sucker punch America, something top military leaders in Japan were also warning against) means all forces not playing cop in occupied areas go East and the Soviets never make their counter offensive.

The Soviet body count is becuase they suck at war, not becuase of how much they committed to the fight. The argument otherwise was Soviet propaganda that took root in the West thanks to post-war resentment of America's policy of forcing the Europeans to dismantle their empires in return for Martial Plan inclusion.

I'm willing to give the Soviet defence credit and I make no claim that America won the war on it's own but the counter to ''Merica, **** ya!' being 'The Soviets did it.' is idiotic.
Were it not for the massive influx of AMERICAN trucks into Russias logistics chain Germany would have probably made it to Moscow.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Your continuous debasement of America and Americans is irritating and indicative of your own mentality and intellectual level of thought. It is fortunate that us pathetic Americans do not base our opinions of your compatriots on what YOU project.
I leave it to your President to debase America, friend, and would hardly expect those who elected him to listen to reasonable people from anywhere, ever! :) Leave it to the clowns to beat their hollow chests, Tecoyah. There are enough of them already.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
I leave it to your President to debase America, friend, and would hardly expect those who elected him to listen to reasonable people from anywhere, ever! :) Leave it to the clowns to beat their hollow chests, Tecoyah. There are enough of them already.
History is not on your side!

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
I am an American, did not elect or support Trump and am suffering through his ineptitude while I await his removal.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
The Russians only survived becuase Lend Lease and the Allies opening new fronts in Africa, Italy and France forcing the Germans to divert forces West.
I REALLY wish this nonsense would die. ---

I wrote that the Yanks and the Brits helped out...a little. Without that aid the Soviets would have had a tougher time --- but they still would have wiped the floor with the Germans. Their spirit, their immense distances, Generals "Winter" and "Frost", their large population, and the ever growing war industries behind the Ural Mountains (which could not be touched by German bombers) made their victory all but inevitable.

The farting around in Africa and Italy by the Yanks and the Brits was just in aid of providing an excuse for their stubborn determination not to open a Second Front in France until the last possible moment --- to prevent the Russians from taking control of the entire Reich.

Nov 21, 2017
Behind the 8 ball
Without that aid the Soviets would have had a tougher time --- but they still would have wiped the floor with the Germans. Their spirit, their immense distances, Generals "Winter" and "Frost", their large population, and the ever growing war industries behind the Ural Mountains (which could not be touched by German bombers) made their victory all but inevitable.
At BEST it would have ended in a stalemate.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I REALLY wish this nonsense would die. ---

I wrote that the Yanks and the Brits helped out...a little. Without that aid the Soviets would have had a tougher time --- but they still would have wiped the floor with the Germans. Their spirit, their immense distances, Generals "Winter" and "Frost", their large population, and the ever growing war industries behind the Ural Mountains (which could not be touched by German bombers) made their victory all but inevitable.

The farting around in Africa and Italy by the Yanks and the Brits was just in aid of providing an excuse for their stubborn determination not to open a Second Front in France until the last possible moment --- to prevent the Russians from taking control of the entire Reich.
Without Lend Lease keeping their cannon folder equipped and mobile the Soviets would have lost Moscow (in the timeframe the Germans planned for) and likely Leningrad. Stalingrad would have been a nasty fight but if there was no Allied African and European invasion the Germans would have been able to afford the bodies needed to take it.

As I said, we forced the Europeans to give up their empires in return for help rebuilding so now the historically illiterate accept Soviet propaganda in order to bash America.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Without Lend Lease keeping their cannon folder equipped and mobile the Soviets would have lost Moscow (in the timeframe the Germans planned for) and likely Leningrad. Stalingrad would have been a nasty fight but if there was no Allied African and European invasion the Germans would have been able to afford the bodies needed to take it.

As I said, we forced the Europeans to give up their empires in return for help rebuilding so now the historically illiterate accept Soviet propaganda in order to bash America.
Grow up. Europeans experienced the War far more personally, and have family traditions based on that, so everyone knows the USSR, at huge cost, defeated Hitler, finally, at Stalingrad: after that it was just (certainly vicious) tidying up As a result of the McCarthy terror such memories have dwindled in the US, whose war was essentially with Japan anyway. And my family, like many others, was determined to see off the Empire and avoid being bought up by Marshall.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Grow up. Europeans experienced the War far more personally, and have family traditions based on that, so everyone knows the USSR, at huge cost, defeated Hitler, finally, at Stalingrad: after that it was just (certainly vicious) tidying up As a result of the McCarthy terror such memories have dwindled in the US, whose war was essentially with Japan anyway. And my family, like many others, was determined to see off the Empire and avoid being bought up by Marshall.
Your minimalization of American war effort and championing of Russia indicates a poor understanding of history, an underlying issue and a disrespect for the well documented realities of WWII.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Your minimalization of American war effort and championing of Russia indicates a poor understanding of history, an underlying issue and a disrespect for the well documented realities of WWII.
1939 - 43 Required a lot of effort and a lot of lives from a lot of European people, not to mention all that went before. Who's minimalizing America's war effort against Japan? Documents are one thing, experienced reality another.